Here are a couple of meads I started around Halloween (although not Halloween inspired). Nuted them today and I decided to take a picture for you guys. Descriptions for the more interested below.
Starting from the left (percentages are current, not target):
Blueberry Pancake. 14.7% and still going. EC-1118. 12 lbs. Snowberry Honey. 3 lbs. Clover. I'm intending this to be a sack mead, adding a second addition of 2 lbs of blueberries once the yeast reach their peak (so they peter out with the sugars from the berries, while the alcohol essentially extracts the remaining blueberry essence from the blueberry puree) then backsweetening with Grade B maple syrup to 1.03. There is already 20 oz. of Anderson's Grade B maple syrup fermenting away inside. Delicious.
Raspberry Melomade. EC-1118. 13.3%. 8 lbs. Clover Honey. 3 cans Minute Maid lemonade concentrate, 16 oz. of raspberries in secondary. Fermentation has been slow due to the acidity of the lemonade, but she's still going. I will add 16 more oz of raspberries at the end of fermentation in the same fashion as the blueberry above, getting more of an extract than any further fermentation.
Mapfelwien. 71B-1122. 10.7%. 64 oz. Simply Apple Juice. 1.8 lbs. Snowberry Honey. 12 oz. Anderson's Grade B Maple Syrup. Experimental batch. For me, the jury is still out on my care for cysers, although I really would like to enjoy them. I'll probably bottle 2 bottles from the batch, then use the rest to top off the blueberry pancake before it's bottling to bring a hint of apple to the party.