Cloudy beer????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeman00

Reaction score
I just bottled a gallon batch of a extra IPA when I was transferring from the ferment-er to the bottling bucket I noticed the beer was very cloudy I bottled it anyway. I had a few slip ups during the brew first off I shorted my water during the mash when my boil was done I only had a little over a half gallon so I added make up water and when I replaced the hose with the bubbler I didnt put water in the bubbler it was like that for 3 days. When I bottled it it smelled good it was just real cloudy.

Just let it carbonate and then cold condition in bottles to clear if the cloudiness bothers you. Cloudy does not mean bad.

freeman00 said:
I just bottled a gallon batch of a extra IPA ...first off I shorted my water during the mash when my boil was done I only had a little over a half gallon so I added make up water...

I'm confused. What was this? An extract, PM, or AG?

Other questions:
Do you have a vigorous, rolling boil?
How do you chill post-boil?
What type of yeast?
Did you dry hop?
How long did this ferment/condition?

Thanks for the answers I opened a bottle and all is well I compared it to a glass of torpedo witch is what I was going for and it was identical in color and tasted better than the torpedo.

Back