Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wine > Drunken Emu's Mississippi River Water (Hard Tea)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #51
Helly
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
Helly's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 754
Liked 72 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default


Thanks again for this recipe. I pulled a growler off the tap today and took it to a party and it was a hit. I bought more tea bags to get another batch going. I love how quick & simple this one is and I look forward to experimenting with recipe variations on my own.
Helly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #52
LoneTreeFarms
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Dodge
Posts: 378
Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Helly View Post
Thanks again for this recipe. I pulled a growler off the tap today and took it to a party and it was a hit. I bought more tea bags to get another batch going. I love how quick & simple this one is and I look forward to experimenting with recipe variations on my own.
are you carbing this and serving around 8psi? is this like a light arnold palmer? i see you back sweetened with lemonade.. can you share any details?
__________________
Hangovers are the wrath of Grapes!
LoneTreeFarms is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #53
Helly
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
Helly's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 754
Liked 72 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTreeFarms

are you carbing this and serving around 8psi? is this like a light arnold palmer? i see you back sweetened with lemonade.. can you share any details?
Yes that's pretty much what I'm going for. I've got it on my second tap, somewhere around 8-10 psi, I'd have to check. The lemonade might be a little strong. The original addition or orange and lemon still comes through. So the next batch I am going to try to lessen the lemonade and see how it comes out. The other change I'm gonna do is to put everything in a mesh bag versus letting it float. I'm getting a little bit of pulp in it. Other than that I think it's a great summer drink, and super easy, cheap, and quick to make.
Helly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #54
LoneTreeFarms
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Dodge
Posts: 378
Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Helly View Post
Yes that's pretty much what I'm going for. I've got it on my second tap, somewhere around 8-10 psi, I'd have to check. The lemonade might be a little strong. The original addition or orange and lemon still comes through. So the next batch I am going to try to lessen the lemonade and see how it comes out. The other change I'm gonna do is to put everything in a mesh bag versus letting it float. I'm getting a little bit of pulp in it. Other than that I think it's a great summer drink, and super easy, cheap, and quick to make.
how much orange and lemon did you add for sweetening?
__________________
Hangovers are the wrath of Grapes!
LoneTreeFarms is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #55
Helly
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
Helly's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 754
Liked 72 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTreeFarms

how much orange and lemon did you add for sweetening?
I took the original 5 gallon batch and racked it over Campden and sorbate and added one gallon of lemonade and let it sit in a 6 gallon carboy secondary for a week or two. I didn't add any more lemons or oranges at that point, although I think I did use two lemons and two oranges in primary, where the recipe called for one of each, I believe.
Helly is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:09 AM   #56
gmp1836
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Default


.
gmp1836 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #57
jscerri
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
Default


Just bottled my first batch and piece of advice! Do not squeeze your orange and lemon during the beginning! Put in whole! I have a slight pithy taste that needed extra sugar to hide! Other than that this is amazing recipe! Put in 20 tea bags during second fermentation for extra flavor and it turned out great!
jscerri is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #58
grhsgomer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: mesa
Posts: 33
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default


sounds good have to give it a try
grhsgomer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #59
cms2bit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 39
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default


Started this three days ago... Haven't stirred it yet... is it necessary?
Also, y did I use two packets of yeast for a 5 gal batch? Doesn't one cover up to 5gal?
cms2bit is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #60
CooperBrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 175
Liked 34 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default


Going to give this a go since I have most all the ingredients on hand, just had to get more tea bags.
CooperBrew is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Extra Hard Lemonade brazedowl Wine 424 Yesterday 03:57 AM
Hard Iced Tea bignick Wine 54 02-13-2015 04:01 PM
Hard Lemonade Yooper Wine 395 01-06-2015 03:24 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS