Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > CDA partial mash adding water?
Old 01-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default CDA partial mash adding water?

So this is my 7th batch and the first time I've kegged my beer. I made a partial mash cascadian dark ale (OG 1.075) it fermented just fine and when I racked into secondary I only yielded 4 gal or so. I was a bit disappointed being that I started with 6 gal in my boil. I dry hopped in secondary approx 2.0 0z of hops along with a bunch during the boil/flame out. So I though that due to the lower amount of beer in secondary, the beer would be overpowered with hops so I decided to add 1 gal of sterilized water and let that sit for 2 weeks in secondary. Was this the right decision given the heaviness of the beer and the amount of hops required? Just trying to get some feedback. Also, should I start with 7 gal next time? I've never had this problem in my prior batches so don't know what happened. Thanks for your input.