Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Sacks of grains? Shipping cost?

Old 01-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
Kmcogar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Sacks of grains? Shipping cost?

Anyone order sacks of grain? What's the shipping cost on a 50lb sack? And where do you order from?

Ęgir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ęgir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
beerman1957
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I usually buy from my LBS. As far as cost to ship, well that entirely depends on the dealer you buy from. Most flat-rate places won't charge a flat rate because the cost exceeds the contract with the shipper. Another factor is the distance from the shipper. I think it would run anywhere from 20-30 dollars based on what I have read.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 559 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 68

I was looking at a few different sources, 50 Pound Sack had their shipping listed as free, BMW had theirs listed for $6.99, NB listed their for $36.76 (holy s***), so it can vary greatly depending on where you buy it.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
kmk1012
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

F H Steinbart is only $6 in gas from my house (round trip), lucky for me I don't have to pay for that. Sorry, hope you find a good price.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
buffalobrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

keep an eye out for a group buy in your area. If the delivery is close you can save a bundle.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/md-...5/index25.html

Old 01-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Cool thanks guy. Yeah my local homebrew store is 27 miles away. 54 mile trip. It's a little much. Makes me want to start my own store.

Ęgir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ęgir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.