Originally Posted by techguy1981
What all equipment will I need to buy? It makes 5 gal
Haha oh where to start...
You want the bare minimum you'll need? What's your budget look like?
Welcome to the addiction...
Bare minimum for extract brewing:
1) 20 qt pot
2) Ale Pail or equivalent food grade 7 gal bucket with grommetted lid for airlock or 6.5 gal carboy
4) StarSan or Iodophor (this is the ABSOLUTE MOST IMPORTANT thing you need)
5) Big spoon preferably made of hard plastic or metal
6) Thermometer (might not be bare minimum but I can't really see brewing with out one)
8) Bottling bucket with spigot and bottle filler
9) Bottle Capper
10) Around 50 bottles
11) Some kind of good extract kit
12) Oxiclean or similar for cleaning
I think that's it for bare minimum
Things very nice to have if you have some extra cash:
1) Immersion wort chiller
3) Digital Thermometer (quicker responce)
4) Bottle Tree with Ventinator for sanitizing bottles
5) Carboy carrier to help with lifting a full 5 gal of liquid (can be used on bucket too probably)
Can't think of anymore that would help you a whole lot just starting out. Of course this list could be never ending especially if you switch up to all-gain, kegging, etc.