In the middle of melting 3 batches of 6lbs of cheese wax and just want to pass things on along as I learn them so expect edits . . .
1. This shyte is sticky and the plastic has tons of static . . . tossing it into the freezer for a bit helps you get the plastic off
2. Frozen wax is hard as fawk to break up
3. 5quart metal paint pail
holds 6lbs of melted wax very well and leave you plenty of room for dipping for even my 6inch mold
4. Tin foil to cover to keep dust and dog hair out when done
5. Use a silicon hot pad to pad your hands as you try to cut frozen wax cuz you CAN bruise the palms of your hands leaning on the back of a knife
6. For the curious I'm using a double boiler method with a dutch oven holding the water and the pail in the dutch oven . . . NO WAY am I going to put the pail right on the burner
7. Wire pail handles stay "warm" a lot longer then you would think
8. 6lbs of melted cheese wax takes longer then you would ever imagine to cool off. This morning (12 hours later) it was still soft and warm to the touch . . .