Alright dads, be honest: - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Alright dads, be honest:

Old 01-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #31
cl330b

Recipes 

Jun 2011
, CA
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer
My ex only boob-fed our first, and only for a couple months. She borrowed a breast pump from her brother's wife, tried it, and sat there listening to me say "mooooo" every couple minutes. The pump went back to the SIL and the kid went onto the bottle.
.... And this reminds me of when she was pumping I would make the joke about putting on my coveralls and straw hat and getting up at the crack of dawn to milk the wife.

Never used Starsan to clean the pump though.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #32
Clann
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Edmonton Ky
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

Kind of off topic but my bottle tree gets used for baby bottles more than beer bottles now.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #33
kkramer56

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Cape Coral, FL
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Back to the OP, yup. Works like a champ. Also used on bottles, plastic toys, etc. If the dog licks the kids toy, boom...Star San. Good as new.
I can tell you a bite from a human is much worse than a dog bite, bacteria wise. There is, however, that ass licking thing........by the dog I mean.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 AM   #34
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Boise, ID
Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl330b View Post
That reminds me of when my wife first used the pump. I was working the dial and I turned it all the way up! She started crying, I felt terrible. But now I'm picturing the nipple cups on my March!
Hahaha. Something like that happened here too.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #35
jerryteague
Recipes 

Feb 2012
, Tulsa, Ok
Liked 183 Times on 152 Posts

Ok, we all know about moms using the breast pumps. Honestly though, how many of us dads have tried it, just to see what happens? I tried the pump out when my wife was running errands. Hurt like hell. Thank god all my kids are past the bottle/ breast feeding stage.....

Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 AM   #36
dr_al

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Evart, MI
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

used starsan on it nope, only because i had no idea and didnt brew then or hell ya spray bottle next to the pump lol, tried it out yup, drunk bored no one home lol you all know you though about it.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #37
bengerman
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Redmond, Washington
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefleck

Just say NO to purell parenting. Immune systems aren't built by isolation.
My niece's kindergarten class had hand sanitizer as one if the things your child was supposed to bring in to keep the class stocked up on. So my sister wrote to the teacher and asked that my native not be allowed to use the sanitizer.
Keg: Proto-Porter

Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
bscott1011
Recipes 

Jan 2012
peoria, il
Liked 16 Times on 9 Posts

I think we boiled bottles and toys exactly twice. I gave up after finding my oldest chewing on the dogs half eaten rawhide.