Picked up a vintage bottle capper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukinfuts29

Reaction score
At a garage sale last week. It's pretty unique, to me anyway. It's made by JET, and I didn't find any for sale online. Anyway I got it for $2. The lady said it belonged to her dad, and it was in a basement corner almost forgotten about forever. Mine needs some cleaning up, but it seems solidly built and it sure works. Heres a pic from Google. No date on it anywhere. I doubt it's worth anything more than it's coolness, which I'm content to enjoy :mug:

il_570xN.235995119.jpg

il_570xN.235995109.jpg

Cool find. My first capper was a piece of crap plastic/aluminum capper I got from a not so Local HBS that broke 3 batches in. I then picked up an old steel capper at an antique store that's a brute and cost far less. It'll definitely outlast me.

don't think it needs anything that drastic. Wondering how oxyclean would work? Soap and water would probably do a great job also.

nice! beats the crap out of the plastic wing capper I have, that thing I just know wants to break in the midle of a bottling session.

I just got one of these from a friend and I put an old unused cap in it and tried to cap a reused Goose island non twist off bottle but it didn't seem like it would cap it. Ideas?

Back