Software for tracking brews? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Software for tracking brews?

Old 01-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
RockSlice
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Norfolk, VA

Is there any good brewing software that helps with tracking what you're brewing?

I'm using BeerSmith right now, and it seems great for preparing to brew, but then seems to leave you high and dry when the brew is in the fermenter.

The features I'm looking for are:
Automatic calendar entries for "Time to rack", "time to bottle", etc
Beer inventory page with "Fermenting", "Conditioning in Bottle", "on shelf"

I know I could set up a spreadsheet with that info, but having it in the program itself would be great.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Kaz

Recipes 

May 2010
Amish Country, PA
Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

Beersmith actually does have a calendar in it. If you go to the menu bar, under 'view', you should see a calendar that you can look at. It will automatically add fermentation, bottling and conditioning dates as you set them in the recipe, its a little know feature, but it is always there. As far as I know, Beersmith doesn't have a log for keeping an inventory of the beers you have, it does ingredients, but not actual beers. But, I could be wrong, as I've never looked for that feature either.

Primary 1: German Hefe
Primary 2:

Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
RockSlice
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Norfolk, VA

Ah, ty. I must have missed that, or have my settings wrong.