Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > CPVC manifold, slots on top or bottom?

Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #31
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 385 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaple1 View Post
sweet....ok then...cpvc cement it is then. the purple stuff right?
The orange is what I used but I've been seeing some confusion. On Oatey's website they say the yellow is for potable water but I've read on a couple other sites that orange is ok too. I haven't done another batch yet so I might buy a couple new pieces and a jar of yellow just to be on the safe side.

Uni-weld says it's fine: http://www.elchem.com/UniWeld_Submit...m%20Orange.pdf

And here's another thread on the subject where the OP has used orange with a purple primer: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/new-...vc-mash-80501/

murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #32
starrfish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 25

just a shot of my 10 gallon rubbermaid cpvc manifold, connected with high temp tubing and a vinyl screw on hose barb. (bad cell pic) I didn't use any cement, fits snug, breaks down for thorough cleaning after every few batches.

Slots cut with dremel cut off wheel and cleaned with small file. I tend to crush on the fine side so I use a strainer bag to prevent clogging/stuck run off.

ďSon, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but youíre lucky, we don't enforce them laws.Ē