First 2012 Brew Day Fail - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First 2012 Brew Day Fail

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
goofiefoot
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Austin, Texas
Posts: 85
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts



Before I even got started.

I knew Austin Homebrew had some days it was closed for the holiday, but didn't look close enough at their calendar to see that they were not open today. Heck, they were open on Saturday, and I could have grabbed my ingredients then.

I have today off, and was planning to brew 10 gallons of brown ale and split them. 5 gallons for "immediate" consumption, the other 5 to ferment over tart cherries for a kriek. Today was the first day I've even remotely had time to brew, so I'm pretty upset with myself for not checking on this sooner. Crap.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
mikeysab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
staten island
Posts: 4,508
Liked 546 Times on 415 Posts


Great story, thanks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter.
Mikeysab on untappd.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
autoferret
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Orlando, FL
Posts: 427
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


That sucks! i've been buying in bulk so my biggest complaint of the day is trying to figure out what i want to drink in 4 weeks....
__________________
Primary: Local Honey Mead;
Secondary: Merlot;
Keg: "Experimental" American Ale; Kinda Nutty Brown Ale;
Bottled: "Oatie the Oatmeal Stout"; NB Saison; "666" by request; NB 115th Dream hopbursted;EdWort's Apfelwein
Up Coming: Imperial Oatmeal Stout; House IPA

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
goofiefoot
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Austin, Texas
Posts: 85
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I'm pleased you were entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
Great story, thanks

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
mikeysab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
staten island
Posts: 4,508
Liked 546 Times on 415 Posts


Haha, just breakin your chops. Probably because I'm jealous that you get to DRIVE TO AHS to get your stuff, instead of having to order everything online, usually forgetting something and having to place another small order. Lucky bastard
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter.
Mikeysab on untappd.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
CanadianQuaffer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 390
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
Haha, just breakin your chops. Probably because I'm jealous that you get to DRIVE TO AHS to get your stuff, instead of having to order everything online, usually forgetting something and having to place another small order. Lucky bastard

You mean to tell me there's not a good homebrew supplies store on Staten Island???

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
mikeysab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
staten island
Posts: 4,508
Liked 546 Times on 415 Posts


Well, Kmart recently had mr beet kits. Nah, nothing, not even a bad one. There's a couple in brooklyn and one in manhattan, but nothing in Staten Island. Theres very little interest in this area in homebrewing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter.
Mikeysab on untappd.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
JohnnyO
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
Hamden, CT
Posts: 8,999
Liked 917 Times on 857 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianQuaffer

You mean to tell me there's not a good homebrew supplies store on Staten Island???
Ain't nothing on staten island but produce markets and bakeries.

Kidding. Haven't been there in a while.
__________________
Fermenting: Munich Helles, Mole Porter, White IPA, SMaSH 2Row/Jarrylo
Drinking: Cider, Stout
On Deck: TBD

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
CanadianQuaffer
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 390
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
Well, Kmart recently had mr beet kits. Nah, nothing, not even a bad one. There's a couple in brooklyn and one in manhattan, but nothing in Staten Island. Theres very little interest in this area in homebrewing.
I was *about* to suggest that you open one yourself until I read that last bit.

Man, second to running my own brewery, owning my own LHBS store is a dream of mine.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
mikeysab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
staten island
Posts: 4,508
Liked 546 Times on 415 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO

Ain't nothing on staten island but produce markets and bakeries.

Kidding. Haven't been there in a while.
You're just about right. Except now they're russian stores.

People on SI are more interested in xanax and percoset then good beer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter.
Mikeysab on untappd.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partigyle epic fail Jklinden All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 17 09-28-2011 07:03 PM
Sweet Potato FAIL!?! brentt03 All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 8 07-31-2011 01:28 AM
First All-Grain (Semi-FAIL) sundaybrewingco All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 11 08-29-2010 05:25 PM
Bittering Hop Fail stephelton All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 8 05-27-2009 12:22 AM
First go at AG... FAIL. PvtSkippy All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 37 11-08-2008 05:56 AM


Forum Jump