Been tooling around with a Robust Porter for my dad's birthday and I'm looking for some feedback. Shooting for OG of ~1.60 & ~30 IBUs. I've read a bunch of thoughts about adding cocoa/vanilla/porter, but nothing about adding all three--is this too much? Should I change the amounts so nothing is overpowering the other?
- 4.0 oz Peat Smoked Malt
- 12.0 oz Chocolate Malt
- 1 lbs Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L
- ~1.20 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] (60 min)
- 0.60 oz Mt. Hood [6.00 %] (0 min)
- 1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05)
- OR White Labs WLP001 California Ale (If I get a stir plate to make starters before I brew)
- 6.00 oz Cocoa Powder (at flameout)
- 2 Burbon-Soaked Vanilla Beans (in secondary)
- 16oz Cold-Brewed Coffee (at bottling)
I appreciate your help!