Just as I was about to reach a boil, the outer casing of my floating thermometer broke in my wort. The inner part is fine, so there is no worry about mercury or anything like that, but there is broken glass and metal shot in my brew kettle. It is currently boiling away.
I am continuing with the brew. I already used all the grain for the batch, the only thing I'd save by stopping now is a couple bucks worth of hops and dry yeast. Is there anything potential dangerous in this that would have me concerned? If that metal shot is lead based, is my beer potentially toxic?
Any insight would be appreciated. I was really looking forward to this batch.