Show us your Kegerator - Page 230 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

Old 01-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #2291
starrfish

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Florence, SC
Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fineexampl View Post
I have been stalking this thread daily since i joined. When i got married and the Mrs. said i should get a kegerator, my jaw dropped. Since then, i've been buying it Johnny Cash style (one piece at a time) and have waited over a year to assemble everything. January 2011 is the time. While i have no pics yet and the frame isn't assembled, i'm sure there are a few fans of Gallifrey who will appreciate my efforts once completed.

Thanks to everyone who has inspired me. I could list many people, but i will just thank everyone including the ugly kegerator owners. Each of you has busted your ass to make it yours and i commend you.

Next pint is had in honor of you all.

(i think i'm intoxicated. that's the only excuse for lame kissass posts like this)
That's how I did mine "johnny cash style" cheap fishing cooler jockey box, then wanted a bigger unit (lol) but the 2 keg mini fridge fit in the space(better than jocky box). 1 keg, 2 keg, ebay rails, taps & tower from keg cowboy here, 1 more keg coming soon, 4th keg in a few months, chalk board from big lots, label hangers from wally world.

Son, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but youre lucky, we don't enforce them laws.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #2292
jgourd
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Louisiana
Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Chalk board from Big Lots... !!!!

I never thought to look there. No one has chalk boards anymore.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #2293
Flomaster

Recipes 

Nov 2010
Orange, Ca
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts

wonder if big lots has a black dry erase board. thats really what I want, screw chalk I want NEON markers

-=Jason=-

Old 01-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #2294
DanPoch
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Lancaster, MA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant View Post
My favorite part is the one-eyed Abe that I burned into the collar before I stained it. I took several layers of the aluminum duct tap and cut the stencil out. Then I took a pen butane lighter and ran it over the stencil. I think it turned out real well.
A little hard to see on my screen, but it looks cool. I may have to try this when I get around to doing mine.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #2295
BoxofRain

Recipes 

Sep 2008
Long Island
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomaster View Post
wonder if big lots has a black dry erase board. thats really what I want, screw chalk I want NEON markers

-=Jason=-
I saw black dry erase paint for neon markers at home depot the other day.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #2296
Flomaster

Recipes 

Nov 2010
Orange, Ca
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxofRain View Post
I saw black dry erase paint for neon markers at home depot the other day.
awesome, likely cheaper than those premade boards too.

I know where I am going for lunch today... off to the depot to check on the paint.

-=Jason=-

Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #2297
BoxofRain

Recipes 

Sep 2008
Long Island
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomaster View Post
awesome, likely cheaper than those premade boards too.

I know where I am going for lunch today... off to the depot to check on the paint.

-=Jason=-
At my home depot it was right next to the spray paint cages. They have white/black dry erase and chalkboard. Can't wait to paint my keezer cover with the blackboard!

Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #2298
Xtant

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Lexington, KY
Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPoch View Post
A little hard to see on my screen, but it looks cool. I may have to try this when I get around to doing mine.
It's very hard to get a good picture of. It's subtle. Kinda looks like it is part of the grain.

I'll upload a pic from when I did it.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #2299
Xtant

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Lexington, KY
Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

This one is a bit better. It was before the polyurethane. The slight glossiness seems to be the issue. With flash, it's reflecting the light too much. Without, it is too dark...

Old 01-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #2300
DanPoch

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Lancaster, MA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Hi Xtant, Thanks for posting the second pic. That's sweet!