Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

Old 01-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #1491
mordantly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

jaja: nice theme. what is the towel for? and what is the yellow "tumor" on #1, a pint counter?

Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #1492
jaja
Recipes 

Yeah the clicker is just a counter that I'm toying with and seeing if its handy for counting pots poured.

The towel on top is just a piece of terry towelling that I bought from the fabric shop to use as a bar runner on top. Pour a beer, sit it on the drip tray and wipe the bottom on the towel so you dont drip beer everywhere.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #1493
RedBarnBrewing
Recipes 

Default does anyone know how to convert the freezer on the top

i have a normal fridge with a freezer on top. can i just cut the barrier out so i can have room for my kegs and be able to put fermenting lagers in as well. if someone has already done this, let me know all the steps you took.
Primary: Nada
Secondary: Avery Maharaja IPA Clone
Kegged: Country Time Whoop Ass Lemonade 27%

Old 01-13-2010, 12:17 AM   #1494
poorieuser
Recipes 

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...0112001750.jpg

I'm not sure if I have enough posts for the picture to show up yet but this is the first bit of mail for my kegerator to arrive. I'll post again when its all finish. Its a solid brass Guinness nitro tap that I picked up for 20 bucks. I'm just so happy I had to post haha

Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #1495
Pivot
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

pray with me guys.... I just drilled the hole in my fridge, and I may have skimmed something it looks like, but the fridge is still turning on and sounds normal so I am terrified I wrecked it..... hopefully its fine and i can show it to you guys in a day or so

Im praying to the beer gods for salvation

Primary
Dark Belgian, Hobgoblin Clone

Kegged
Dark Ale

Bottled
Fruit Braggot, EdWort's Apfelwein, Coffee American Stout

Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #1496
TwoHeadsBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarnBrewing View Post
i have a normal fridge with a freezer on top. can i just cut the barrier out so i can have room for my kegs and be able to put fermenting lagers in as well. if someone has already done this, let me know all the steps you took.
You shouldn't have to cut out the barrier to fit kegs in there, it's tall enough already. I have a 3/4 size fridge, and it fits 5 corny kegs with enough clearance up top to switch around the QDs.

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 AM   #1497
89OctaneStang
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Here is the shell of what I am working with. I would like some ideas and interest into some possibilities of what I could turn this old school bad boy into. It is a 1950's "Kelvinator" chest freezer that can hold 2 cornys with out a collar and 4 with a collar. Ideas have been tossed around to make it into some sort of hot rod style theme based on the fact that I grew up in a racing/car show/hot rod family tradition. Other ideas were "Mator, as in Tomator" Disney Cars theme but its "Nator, Mator's cousin, Kelvi-Nator."

The final cost of the total build is limited to about $500. Any suggestions?

The idea is to put it against the wall where the pub table is currently and make it the center piece for the bar area. I also thought of some simple ideas to re finish the exterior in a high gloss black with chrome fixtures and refinishing the "Kelvinator" handle in chrome as well as their emblem that is still in good shape on the front. Torn with thoughts...

I have started a thread on this project so I will be sure to post its final outcome on here when its complete. You can follow my restoration progress here: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/vint...ration-157113/

[MOD EDIT] Subsequent discussion posts moved to thread referred to above. [/MOD EDIT]

Reason: Consolidating

Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #1498
bendavanza
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorieuser
;
I'm not sure if I have enough posts for the picture to show up yet but this is the first bit of mail for my kegerator to arrive. I'll post again when its all finish. Its a solid brass Guinness nitro tap that I picked up for 20 bucks. I'm just so happy I had to post haha
Now that I've scored the 2 faucets I was looking for, ebay is a great place to find a deal on a Nitro faucet. I search like I'm looking for "guinness handle" or "guinness tap" since the whole faucet is many times sold as just a handle in the title. nice score!

Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #1499
jakecpunut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Jake's Kegerator

Well I finally got all my videos edited and uploaded to my blog...

I realize there are much more extravagant kegerators/keezers out there, but hey, this one will do the job hahah

It was simple to convert the full size fridge and I can't wait to keg the Phat Tyre in about 6 more days!

CLICK HERE for the video of the conversion Kit from Keg Connection

CLICK HERE for the video of the fridge

CLICK HERE for the conversion

http://YouTube.com/JakeCpuNut

http://surrywebdesign.com

Fermenting - 10 G's of Speer Beer Pale Ale

Tap # 1 - Frozen Toes IPA
Tap # 2 - Nut Brown Ale
Tap # 3 - Rye IPA

Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #1500
Shooter_1927
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivot View Post
pray with me guys.... I just drilled the hole in my fridge, and I may have skimmed something it looks like, but the fridge is still turning on and sounds normal so I am terrified I wrecked it..... hopefully its fine and i can show it to you guys in a day or so

Im praying to the beer gods for salvation
Pivot, how did it go?

SwampassJ Likes This