Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > Introductions > New Home Brewer- Charles Town, WV
Old 12-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default New Home Brewer- Charles Town, WV

Hi there I am new to the forums and home brewing. I have been reading about home brewing for years and finally got all of the stuff necessary to make it from my wife this christmas. I am a fan of all types of beers and wines. I am excited to begin brewing on my own and start producing some quality beers to share with family and friends. I have a Mr. Beer kit and a primary and secondary fermenter that I built in our utility room as well. I started with the Mr. Beer kit long before Christmas and ran a few batches and have just started experimenting with the larger setup. I am mostly interesting in making lighter American style beers and then eventually attempting to make some Meads and then some wines. I am glad to have joined this community and I am looking forward to learning a great deal.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Welcome! and good luck with the light beers, they are the hardest to get right... I'm over 2 years in to this and still haven't made one that was good... though, you can make good IPA, stout, nut brown, and many, many, unlimited others... i have not tried to lager yet, but most good light beers are lagers.... this is more difficult for most people as you need regulated cold fermentation...