Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > The joyful stress of it!

Old 05-05-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
perry
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default The joyful stress of it!

So, I've got ten hardcore beer hounds to brew for for a Memorial Day music festival. One of them will bring a keg of Rubicon IPA; I will bring ten gal of stout and ten gal of IPA.

I've put it off about as long as I can, therefore, I'm doing two ten-gal batches tomorrow.

Why am I posting this? I donno, I guess I just want to share the joy (stress?). Maybe I'm just nervous...

Cheers, everyone, and a happy weekend! -p

Old 05-05-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
abt
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well, what better day to do 20g than on Big Brew day? I'm doing 10 each of a British Rye Pale, a Northern German Pils, and an 80/. Good times.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:33 AM   #3
landhoney

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default There is such a thing...

...As good stress. I had to get a 5 gallon all grain batch done to day in less than 4 hours today! I heated my mash water, left to go to my LHBS to get ingredients with a co-worker watching the pot, came back and made my porter, left work and made it to my homebrew club meeting one minute early. Why? On club day we 10% off everything and 'cause it there'! Good stress
Good Luck!

Old 05-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
perry
Recipes 

Off to a great start- the hose was frozen solid. Weird spring weather. -p

Old 05-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
Drunkensatyr

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

LOL I just dumped a secondary into a keg for cold conditioning a week earlier than I wanted to just so I could squeeze in a brew day today. Better looking half said no new fermenters for a while. Least I have plenty of extra kegs.

Old 05-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
perry
Recipes 

First batch in the fermenters, sparging the stout right now (drinking one too). Except for the frozen hose, the hour and a half of snowfall, and the 30 mph occasional gusts, it's going well. And actually, the snow was pretty nice; it's hot standing next to that burner.

cheers, -p

Old 05-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #7
perry
Recipes 

That was a bit of a workout! Anyway, I've got twenty gallons of unfermented beer in four carboys... It's the first time I've done two ten gallon batches in a day, and now I'm envious of you folks who have the REALLY big homebrew set-ups! I may have to look into it.

Thanks for putting up with my chattiness. Cheers, -