Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How much commercial beer do you drink at home?

Old 12-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
Ceetar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I buy too much, because there's always something interesting that intrigues me. I don't have the setup or time to brew more than a handful of times a year, and while I've gotten to the stage where the homebrew is good, i like so much variety that I'm always buying stuff.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
A4J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I'm constantly buying something to try out but I end up drinking more hombrew and my collection of commercial beer just keeps growing.

My mid-century modern keezer build thread.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
Joe13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

100% of the beer i drink is commercial right now. of course that's due to the fact i haven't started brewing. lol. I will admit that its all keg beer, and all microbrews. Redhook, Allagash, Shipyard, etc. Sometimes i grab a sams, but not too often.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

Yesterday I picked up Bitche's brew, and pumpkin ale and a barleywine. I still buy commercial quite regularly, even with a large pipeline, I still get cravings for something different.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
Phunhog
Recipes 

Liked 165 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 78

I rarely buy commercial beer. Most of the commercial beer I do drink are beers friends have "compensated" me for giving them homebrew.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #16
Brak23
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in one of the best places in the world for craft brews. I drink them a lot. Deschutes, Rogue, HopWorks, Bridgeport... So many to drink with so little time. But its my love for these quality beers that got me into home brewing.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #17
Teromous
Beer Gnome

Recipes 

Liked 512 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I drink a lot of craft beers. I'm always looking for new favorites, tasting new things from different breweries, and trying out beers that I've seen popular clone recipes for. I'd hate to brew a clone of something only to find out that it doesn't taste as good as another recipe I have. During the fall and winter I end up buying more, because breweries tend to put out a lot of good seasonals during this time.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #18
meschaefer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I end up drinking a 50/50 mix of homebrew and commercial craft and wouldn't want it any other way. While I generally have a good pipe line going, there is always a new craft to try or an old favorite I can't resist.

Brewstoria Home Brew Club, Queens NY
www.brewstoria.com

Old 12-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
scottland
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I love IPAs, so I often try different commercial ones for ideas and/or just to have something different.

I also buy lots of different styles of beer. Every time I try to brew a new style, I'll buy 2-3 commercial examples so I have something to compare my brews to.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #20
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 194 Posts

I shop for interesting beers or beers I haven't had in a while throughout the year but mostly during spring and summer I drink homebrew but since I'm a big fan of oktoberfests and the holiday beers I usually end up drinking more commercial beer than homebrew during the cooler months.