Up coming tours and concerts... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Up coming tours and concerts...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Bulls Beers's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
, Boston Bomber#1 place of death...
Posts: 3,246
Liked 163 Times on 125 Posts



I wanted to start a thread about any up coming tours or shows and if they were any good..I heard Van Halen is touring in 2012...Tickets are available in January..I saw them with Sammy, but never with Roth.. We will see if the show goes past the first one..Hopefully they can bury the hatchet and play some of there best songs...
I'm also excited to see Black Sabbath is gonna try and do one more tour..I hope Ozzy and Bill Ward can make through a world tour..We will see. I saw then a few times, Should be a good one.
__________________
Spezialisiert auf Deutsch Lagerbier...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
OpenContainer
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Jefferson City, MO
Posts: 337
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts


I like going to see the 80's era bands out on tour today. Iron Maiden flat killed it last summer. They sounded just like they did back in the day. I saw Poison and Cinderella two summers ago. Brett Michaels always brings it, but Cinderella was horrid. I was embarrassed for them.

Not sure who form the 80's era is touring this summer but I'll probably try to catch a show or two.

I caught Kid Rock and Cheryl (sp?) Crowe last summer too......probably one of my top three concerts of all time. Highly recommended.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
jgln
Recipes 
 
May 2008
Southern, NJ
Posts: 3,486
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts


Remember seeing Cinderella at a club in NJ before they got big...bigger.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 30,652
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts


I saw Van Halen on the last stop of their last tour with Roth. Great show, except Wolfgang's playing, which was fine, but he basically stood there with about as much charisma as one of those cardboard cutouts you see at the movie theater. Blah.

But the music rocked.

Tickets were VERY pricey. I probably wouldn't pay that much to see them again, but since my friend bought us tickets it was worth it. **Note that VH is one of my favorite bands ever.

I'm looking out for Extreme to tour, and I'd love to see TSO again, but it happen this year. Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot would be great again. Not sure if they are touring in my area. Chad Smith is not playing with them right now due to RHCP engagements, but they have a very talented fill-in until he's freed up again.

I live in a somewhat remote area. Closest place we got is Grand Rapids, and a lot of acts pass it by.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Bulls Beers's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
, Boston Bomber#1 place of death...
Posts: 3,246
Liked 163 Times on 125 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I saw Van Halen on the last stop of their last tour with Roth. Great show, except Wolfgang's playing, which was fine, but he basically stood there with about as much charisma as one of those cardboard cutouts you see at the movie theater. Blah.

But the music rocked.

Tickets were VERY pricey. I probably wouldn't pay that much to see them again, but since my friend bought us tickets it was worth it. **Note that VH is one of my favorite bands ever.

I'm looking out for Extreme to tour, and I'd love to see TSO again, but it happen this year. Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot would be great again. Not sure if they are touring in my area. Chad Smith is not playing with them right now due to RHCP engagements, but they have a very talented fill-in until he's freed up again.

I live in a somewhat remote area. Closest place we got is Grand Rapids, and a lot of acts pass it by.

If they can play with Roth, then they can play with Micheal Anthony. Micheal's also playing with Chickenfoot. If the VH tix aren't through the roof, I'll probably get some. Maybe they will play Fenway, who knows.

I saw the foo fighter's a month ago and it was one of the best shows I'd ever seen. 3 hour set list. I'm a big fan of Dave Grohl. He puts on a great show..
__________________
Spezialisiert auf Deutsch Lagerbier...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 30,652
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts


It was a good show.

My friend's brother is a big Foo Fighter fan along with his wife. He says that they have some of the best show's he's been to.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Bulls Beers's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
, Boston Bomber#1 place of death...
Posts: 3,246
Liked 163 Times on 125 Posts


Anybody go to the Van Halen show at the Cafe Wha tonight in NYC?
__________________
Spezialisiert auf Deutsch Lagerbier...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
Weizer
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
San Diego, CA
Posts: 314
Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts


Man you guys are old...no metal shows? I mean, i didn't honestly expect any of you to like electronic music, but no newer metal?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 30,652
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls Beers View Post
Anybody go to the Van Halen show at the Cafe Wha tonight in NYC?
No, but my wife and I watched the new video on the internet. I think it was called Tattoo.

Lame.


Boring.


I sincerely hope they have MUCH better tunes on the new album when it comes out.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
OpenContainer
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Jefferson City, MO
Posts: 337
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Weizer View Post
Man you guys are old...no metal shows? I mean, i didn't honestly expect any of you to like electronic music, but no newer metal?
Haha....Thanks. I'm early 40's and like most of the current stuff as well. I've seen Sevendust perform at least five times. Last time was right on the front rail.

I'd love the opportunity to see Tool, but they've never toured anyplace near me.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Koreans are coming, The Koreans are Coming!!!! r3dn3ckstyl3z Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 0 07-04-2009 03:55 PM
We all knew it was coming ChshreCat Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 05-05-2009 02:41 PM
The Women just keep coming MNBugeater Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 19 09-12-2008 08:24 PM
The coming brewpocalypse Orpheus Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 17 08-06-2008 02:04 PM
Up and coming rewster451 Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 6 11-04-2005 06:26 AM


Forum Jump