Up coming tours and concerts... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Up coming tours and concerts...

Old 12-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2007
, Boston Bomber#1 place of death...
Liked 163 Times on 125 Posts

I wanted to start a thread about any up coming tours or shows and if they were any good..I heard Van Halen is touring in 2012...Tickets are available in January..I saw them with Sammy, but never with Roth.. We will see if the show goes past the first one..Hopefully they can bury the hatchet and play some of there best songs...
I'm also excited to see Black Sabbath is gonna try and do one more tour..I hope Ozzy and Bill Ward can make through a world tour..We will see. I saw then a few times, Should be a good one.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #2
OpenContainer
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Jefferson City, MO
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts

I like going to see the 80's era bands out on tour today. Iron Maiden flat killed it last summer. They sounded just like they did back in the day. I saw Poison and Cinderella two summers ago. Brett Michaels always brings it, but Cinderella was horrid. I was embarrassed for them.

Not sure who form the 80's era is touring this summer but I'll probably try to catch a show or two.

I caught Kid Rock and Cheryl (sp?) Crowe last summer too......probably one of my top three concerts of all time. Highly recommended.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Remember seeing Cinderella at a club in NJ before they got big...bigger.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

I saw Van Halen on the last stop of their last tour with Roth. Great show, except Wolfgang's playing, which was fine, but he basically stood there with about as much charisma as one of those cardboard cutouts you see at the movie theater. Blah.

But the music rocked.

Tickets were VERY pricey. I probably wouldn't pay that much to see them again, but since my friend bought us tickets it was worth it. **Note that VH is one of my favorite bands ever.

I'm looking out for Extreme to tour, and I'd love to see TSO again, but it happen this year. Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot would be great again. Not sure if they are touring in my area. Chad Smith is not playing with them right now due to RHCP engagements, but they have a very talented fill-in until he's freed up again.

I live in a somewhat remote area. Closest place we got is Grand Rapids, and a lot of acts pass it by.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
Bulls Beers

Recipes 

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I saw Van Halen on the last stop of their last tour with Roth. Great show, except Wolfgang's playing, which was fine, but he basically stood there with about as much charisma as one of those cardboard cutouts you see at the movie theater. Blah.

But the music rocked.

Tickets were VERY pricey. I probably wouldn't pay that much to see them again, but since my friend bought us tickets it was worth it. **Note that VH is one of my favorite bands ever.

I'm looking out for Extreme to tour, and I'd love to see TSO again, but it happen this year. Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot would be great again. Not sure if they are touring in my area. Chad Smith is not playing with them right now due to RHCP engagements, but they have a very talented fill-in until he's freed up again.

I live in a somewhat remote area. Closest place we got is Grand Rapids, and a lot of acts pass it by.

If they can play with Roth, then they can play with Micheal Anthony. Micheal's also playing with Chickenfoot. If the VH tix aren't through the roof, I'll probably get some. Maybe they will play Fenway, who knows.

I saw the foo fighter's a month ago and it was one of the best shows I'd ever seen. 3 hour set list. I'm a big fan of Dave Grohl. He puts on a great show..

Old 12-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI

It was a good show.

My friend's brother is a big Foo Fighter fan along with his wife. He says that they have some of the best show's he's been to.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
Bulls Beers

Recipes 

Sep 2007

Anybody go to the Van Halen show at the Cafe Wha tonight in NYC?

Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
Weizer
Recipes 

Dec 2011
San Diego, CA
Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Man you guys are old...no metal shows? I mean, i didn't honestly expect any of you to like electronic music, but no newer metal?

Old 01-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls Beers View Post
Anybody go to the Van Halen show at the Cafe Wha tonight in NYC?
No, but my wife and I watched the new video on the internet. I think it was called Tattoo.

Lame.

Boring.

I sincerely hope they have MUCH better tunes on the new album when it comes out.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
OpenContainer
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Jefferson City, MO
Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weizer View Post
Man you guys are old...no metal shows? I mean, i didn't honestly expect any of you to like electronic music, but no newer metal?
Haha....Thanks. I'm early 40's and like most of the current stuff as well. I've seen Sevendust perform at least five times. Last time was right on the front rail.

I'd love the opportunity to see Tool, but they've never toured anyplace near me.