Igloo Kegerator at Walmart - $369 - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Igloo Kegerator at Walmart - $369

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #101
jmaccool
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsherm007 View Post
thanks jmaccool for the direction on the screw, I will do about 7 revolutions the other way to undo my warming then and be ~3 revs to the cooler side.

Is anyone not happy with the Sankey valve that comes with this unit? I've read this can be a foam issue too. I dialed my PSI back to 6 per the local brew store employee and after a pitcher or two I'm about 40% foam so I'm a lil happier after that adjustment.
I would still recommend moving the temp gauge, it takes seconds just be careful when handling it, you do not want to crack it. There are two or three screws and the gauge is mounted using a plastic clip device, very easy to remove. If you do that you will not have to decrease the temp contol device, may even have to turn it down a bit. JMHO!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #102
Dan2539
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
South Jersey
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaccool

I would still recommend moving the temp gauge, it takes seconds just be careful when handling it, you do not want to crack it. There are two or three screws and the gauge is mounted using a plastic clip device, very easy to remove. If you do that you will not have to decrease the temp contol device, may even have to turn it down a bit. JMHO!
So I loosened the screws on the chill plate and tried to pop the temp probe off the back. Is it glued or taped into place some way? I'm having a bit of a hard time moving it and I can really see what the problem is. I don't want to move the plate anymore and risk kinking the coolant line.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by StunnedMonkey View Post
A word of warning though, unlike Star-San or Idophor, Dijon Mustard is NOT a no-rinse sanitizer. I learned this the hard way, though I have to say the resulting Mustard Porter was pretty snappy. The hops juxtaposed against the horseradish was very nice, though possibly a touch out of the style guidelines.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #103
jmaccool
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2539 View Post
So I loosened the screws on the chill plate and tried to pop the temp probe off the back. Is it glued or taped into place some way? I'm having a bit of a hard time moving it and I can really see what the problem is. I don't want to move the plate anymore and risk kinking the coolant line.
We have the same fridge, so the probe should be held in the same manner as mine. It is held in place by a plastic clip with 4 clip teeth that are fairly small and innocuous right near one of the screws holes. Just get a small screw driver and push the clips through the clip opening and the probe come right out.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #104
Dan2539
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
South Jersey
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaccool

We have the same fridge, so the probe should be held in the same manner as mine. It is held in place by a plastic clip with 4 clip teeth that are fairly small and innocuous right near one of the screws holes. Just get a small screw driver and push the clips through the clip opening and the probe come right out.
Hmm I undid those clips but it seems like its also taped or something. I might just run a Johnson controller on this, my problem is that it's constantly staying at sub forties regardless of the thermostat setting.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by StunnedMonkey View Post
A word of warning though, unlike Star-San or Idophor, Dijon Mustard is NOT a no-rinse sanitizer. I learned this the hard way, though I have to say the resulting Mustard Porter was pretty snappy. The hops juxtaposed against the horseradish was very nice, though possibly a touch out of the style guidelines.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #105
jmaccool
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2539 View Post
Hmm I undid those clips but it seems like its also taped or something. I might just run a Johnson controller on this, my problem is that it's constantly staying at sub forties regardless of the thermostat setting.
It is staying at that temp because it thinks it is as cold as the cooling plate. The cooling plate is not a cooling plate, it is the freezer basket that comes in so many of the mini-fridges out there. This one just so happened to be done by pros so it looks like it was meant to be something else. I promise you that is the cheesy "U" shaped mini freezer that is in almost every mini-fridge. The thermometer is behind that and the freezer is much colder than the ambient temp of the fridge so the fridge thinks it is cold when it is not. I promise that the temp gauge line will come out and you will not damage anything. Just be gentle but obstinate. The place it wherever you want. I gentle wrapped it around my copper cooling pipe for the beer line, figured if it was touching that it would have a fairly good reading.

John M.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #106
jmaccool
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


If you want it warmer then you will have to go into the thermostat housing and adjust the screw. Just back out the three screws, pull the dial out, look for the one screw and turn it righty-tighty. Do not go more than on wrist movement or one full turn of the screw. The screw even has a very small pick of a smaller to larger crescent design showing the cooling factor. Like an old school RPM gauge, starts at a point then it widens. This will increase the temp for sure.

John M.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #107
opus345
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
opus345's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 703
Liked 177 Times on 133 Posts


Back in stock online.
__________________
Primary: Skeeter Pee
Secondary: Meads: Carmel Apple, Wines: Sangiovese, Dragon's Blood, Viognier, Beer: None
On Deck: Dragon's Blood Blueberry, Double Dragon's Blood Original, Pinot Noir


Sleepycat Brewery

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #108
Woz
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 38
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I'm confounded by this thing. Where is the set screw? This is my first keg system and I cannot figure this out.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #109
jmaccool
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz View Post
I'm confounded by this thing. Where is the set screw? This is my first keg system and I cannot figure this out.
You have to unscrew the temp control box from the fridge by removing the 3 screws and then pull the temp dial out (the temp dial just pulls out. At that point carefully examine the device and you will see a screw, unplug the fridge before you do this or be very careful of the electrical leads a you examine the device. If you turn the screw clockwise or tighten it the fridge will get warmer, counter clockwise or loosen and it will get colder. I left my temp regulator dangling until I got the temp to where I desired.

John M.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #110
Woz
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 38
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Thanks John!

Has anyone added another faucet to this tower?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Igloo coolers v 2.5gallon cornies BADS197 Bottling/Kegging 11 06-21-2014 03:13 PM
5cf Igloo chest freezer from Jewel stores in IL ThatGuyRyan Bottling/Kegging 6 03-04-2013 12:59 AM
Who else scored the cheap 7cf GE from HomeDepot/Walmart? BullGator Bottling/Kegging 13 01-15-2012 01:49 AM
5 gallon igloo portable kegerator swanwick Bottling/Kegging 13 05-02-2011 11:20 AM
Igloo Stainless Steel Mini Refrigerator Lukus Bottling/Kegging 12 12-17-2010 02:17 AM


Forum Jump