All Grain Yeast:
WLP530 Abbey Ale Yeast Starter:
Yes Batch Size (Gallons):
5.25 Original Gravity:
1.079 Final Gravity:
61.6 Boiling Time (Minutes):
38.97 Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
14 @ 58F Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
14 @ 58F Tasting Notes:
Slight spicy hop flavor with lots o'chocolate
This is my Xmas 2011 giveaway beer. Drinking one now, so I feel compelled to post. This is good!
- 14 lbs Belgian Pale
- 1 lb Chocolate Malt
- 12 oz Roasted Barley
- 9 oz Belgian Debittered Black
- 7 oz Belgian Special B
- 22 oz Oats Flaked
- 2 oz Styrian Goldings (Pellets, 6.00 %AA) boiled 60 min.
- .5 oz Saaz (Pellets, 5.00 %AA) boiled 30 min.
- .5 oz Saaz (Pellets, 5.00 %AA) boiled 2 min.
- 7 oz Belgian Chocolate (Cote d'Or Bittersweet Chocolate, one 3.5 oz bar of 86% and one 3.5 oz bar of 70%) chopped and boiled 10 mins.
- 4 oz Cacao Nibs (bagged and added to secondary for 2 weeks)
- 1 vial White Labs WLP530 Abbey Ale (big starter)
The mess... VIGOROUS primary!
The custom caps from BottleMark
The finished product: