Let's talk global warming... - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Let's talk global warming...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 02:37 AM   #21
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,046
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k
ok well I made a ppt that ended up to be 65 slides long and ~18mb.
Hmmm, I don't know how I can host this anywhere.
Rapidshare.com
Megaupload.com
Freewebs.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:48 AM   #22
z987k
 
z987k's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2007
Anchorage
Posts: 3,518
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts


i hate signing up for sites like that, spam spam spam

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:53 AM   #23
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,046
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k
i hate signing up for sites like that, spam spam spam
you don't have to with rapidshare

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:01 AM   #24
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
West Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 1,171
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts


While it's certainly possible that we are warming up the planet, how do we know that it's not actually just part of a natural cycle? Back in the 1300's (?) or so, scandinavians were living in Greenland. Over a period of just a few years the climate cooled and the waters between Greenland and Scandinavia started freezing over for so long each year that ships could no longer supply the people living there. There wasn't enough gras for their animals to graze on and the people who tried to stay eventually perished from either cold or starvation or both. Back then England was a better wine producing area than France. Is it totally improbable that we are simply warming back up again as part of a natural climate change?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #25
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,330
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k
ok well I made a ppt that ended up to be 65 slides long and ~18mb.
Hmmm, I don't know how I can host this anywhere.
I think that this alone brought the global temperature up 5.
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:04 AM   #26
z987k
 
z987k's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2007
Anchorage
Posts: 3,518
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts


Well I decided to host it on my computer, I've got **** tons of bandwidth so what the hell.
ftp:[email protected]/climate.ppt

ftp:[email protected]/climate.pdf

PM me if it's not working or if you'd like to dispute something


 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:07 AM   #27
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Pumbaa's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 7,262
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts


The true cause of global warming


BTW your SUV's are melting Mars now . . . .

The Great Global Warming Swindle


BTW CNN will probably re-air the special all weekend if they follow their past weekend braodcast schedual of Glenn Beck
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke
"There are just two rules of governance in a free society: Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:33 AM   #28
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Memphis, TN
Posts: 1,046
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I dont remember who exactly posted it on here but someone did...

If you think about it, if the earth is expanding and getting larger what does the increase size mean? More area to absorb sunlight... it's possible, why the hell not?

Also, the Earth's axis is tilted, that's what causes the seasons. However it isn't a strict tilt it actually wobbles, this could also be the cause...

A lot of scientists also discount water vapor in the atmosphere as contributing to warming...

I found a list of scientists, and specialists in areas that are related to Earth science, who deny the Global Warming is solely man-made. I'll see if I can find it...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:38 AM   #29
z987k
 
z987k's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2007
Anchorage
Posts: 3,518
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts


um yeah that earth is growing thing is full of ****. where is the mass coming from? PFM?

DeadYeti, read my massive ppt, one of the slides has a nice spectrum analysis and absorption by various molecules. H20 is one of them. ... slide 3.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:42 AM   #30
desiderata
 
desiderata's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2006
Posts: 521
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by McCall St. Brewer
While it's certainly possible that we are warming up the planet, how do we know that it's not actually just part of a natural cycle? Back in the 1300's (?) or so, scandinavians were living in Greenland. Over a period of just a few years the climate cooled and the waters between Greenland and Scandinavia started freezing over for so long each year that ships could no longer supply the people living there. There wasn't enough gras for their animals to graze on and the people who tried to stay eventually perished from either cold or starvation or both. Back then England was a better wine producing area than France. Is it totally improbable that we are simply warming back up again as part of a natural climate change?
These facts must have been determined based on scientific evidence (1300s). It is scientific evidence that is proving global warming today. Why should we accept the evidence in that case and dispute it in this (current) case.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Global Warming and Hops jcarson83 General Chit Chat 1 09-14-2009 01:23 PM
Global Warming can lick my bean bag MikeFlynn74 General Chit Chat 32 07-29-2008 02:49 PM
The HOAX that is Global Warming nevercominhome Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 7 04-25-2008 03:11 AM
Global Warming is Killing Me ! gresc Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 20 11-24-2007 07:12 AM
The next person to complain about global warming . . . Pumbaa General Chit Chat 47 02-02-2007 04:37 AM


Forum Jump