Secondary Fermentation Process - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Secondary Fermentation Process
Cool Brewing Corny 5G & Mini Giveaway

Old 12-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
hopspop1176
Recipes 

Just transferred our our third kit (Kolsch) into the secondary yesterday. Our OG was 1.045 and our FG was 1.005. We had 2 days of active bubbling in the Primary then it stopped bubbling. We left it in the Primary for 7 days total. My question is how much more fermentation is taking place? We plan on bottling in 7 days per the instructions with the kit.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3144 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 3886

No fermentation should be happening in secondary, unless you added fruit or more sugar to it.

Read this and the accompanying links for information about the use of secondaries.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
hopspop1176
Recipes 

Thanks Revvy. Read the threads and found them very informative. My next batch is going to sit in the primary for 2 weeks and we'll see how it comes out.