Entering Homebrew Alley 6 - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Entering Homebrew Alley 6

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #21
HellBentBrewCo
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
home, DE
Posts: 278
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts


Was wondering the same thing. How long does it usually take? This is my first competition.
__________________
Hell-Bent Brew Co. Blog

Hell-Bent Brew Co. on Facebook
Hell-Bent Brew Co. Gear Shirts, Steins and other awesome stuff

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #22
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,886
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts


Sometimes up to two weeks. This one was pretty fast last time I was in it.
__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #23
Benny Blanco
 
Benny Blanco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Rochester, NY
Posts: 327

I have to say that this is definitely one of the best competitions in New York. The lady at the UPS store messed up my address and I contacted the organizers and they were more than helpful about getting my beer package if it ended up in the wrong hands. They contacted me immediately after getting it.

My only regret is not driving down for the award ceremony because I missed out on at least a sack of grain (and I'm not sure what else they give, but the prizes are fantastic compared to other comps).

I haven't received my feedback/ribbons yet, but I'm sure it's in the mail.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #24
asidrane
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 312
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Blanco View Post
I have to say that this is definitely one of the best competitions in New York. The lady at the UPS store messed up my address and I contacted the organizers and they were more than helpful about getting my beer package if it ended up in the wrong hands. They contacted me immediately after getting it.

My only regret is not driving down for the award ceremony because I missed out on at least a sack of grain (and I'm not sure what else they give, but the prizes are fantastic compared to other comps).

I haven't received my feedback/ribbons yet, but I'm sure it's in the mail.
What did you get a medal for?

There were a lot of prizes awarded. I remember seeing, sacks of grain, books, gift certificates, glassware, tee shirts, and more I can't remember.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
Benny Blanco
 
Benny Blanco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Rochester, NY
Posts: 327

I got two 1st place wins and BOS. I was hoping for the signed book, but I think they are just gonna send the $100 gift certificate since its easier to mail (not that I'm complaining of course) :-)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #26
matalec1984
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Shrewsbury, Ma
Posts: 106

Congrats on the BOS!!

Any chance you wanna post that Dunkel recipe, I still have yet to find a beer of that style that I really enjoy....maybe you can change my luck!!!
__________________
Bottled:ESB, Rye Dog Pale Ale V.1, All the Kings Horses Pilsner v.1, Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Daywalker Red Ale v.1,Hazelnut Spiced Porter, 2009 Red Meritage, 2011 Dry Mead, 2009 New England Cyser, 2009 South African Shiraz, 2009 Chilean Chardonnay, 2011 Dry Johannisburg Riesling
Primary: Vanilla Milk stout v.2 and v.3, Chocolate Raspberry Port
Secondary:Italian Barolo, Cran-Blackberry Melomel, Peach Icewine
On Deck:Isla's Boon Strawberry Blonde v.1, Caramel Apple Mead

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #27
Benny Blanco
 
Benny Blanco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Rochester, NY
Posts: 327

Thanks! 2nd year in a row. I was pretty surprised actually since the Pils that won it was only 4 weeks old (1 week in the keg).

I'll post the Munich Dunkel recipe when I get home.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
JustLooking
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Posts: 639
Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Blanco View Post
I got two 1st place wins and BOS. I was hoping for the signed book, but I think they are just gonna send the $100 gift certificate since its easier to mail (not that I'm complaining of course) :-)
Congrats! And I agree. Gift certificates and brew supplies are nice, but you'll have something like a signed book years from now to look back on your accomplishment.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #29
Benny Blanco
 
Benny Blanco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Rochester, NY
Posts: 327

Unless I put that GC towards a new Blichmann brew kettle....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
JustLooking
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Posts: 639
Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Blanco View Post
Unless I put that GC towards a new Blichmann brew kettle....
You could always get John to autograph it.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cost of entering homebrew comps Phunhog General Beer Discussion 5 04-05-2011 04:49 AM
entering a beer to NHC eppo General Beer Discussion 11 01-23-2011 06:03 PM
Entering Homebrew Competitions...? BrianTheBrewer General Beer Discussion 9 01-23-2009 02:36 PM
Entering a Competition How? evolute99 General Beer Discussion 1 11-02-2008 02:21 PM
Anybody Entering? 1ill_Biscuit General Beer Discussion 0 07-02-2006 12:03 AM


Forum Jump