250 g nuruk
1 pack Red Star Pasteur Champagne yeast
1.Wash. soak and steam rice
2.Cool rice to room temperature
3.Mix nuruk with just enough warm water to dissolve and break up clumps
Add nuruk to rice and mix thoroughly. Make sure rice is cool, do not add nuruk to hot rice.
4. Place rice/nuruk mixture in wide mouthed jar. Add water and yeast. Stir until incorporated. Cover loosely with clean cloth
5. Store in warm (70-80 deg F) dark place and allow to ferment for 5-7 days or until primary fermentation has stopped. Stir once or twice daily for the first 5 days to promote yeast activity
6. When primary fermentation is complete, strain liquid from spent rice solids. Dilute raw makgeolli with water 3 parts makgeolli to 2 parts water.
Store in plastic soda bottles
7. If you want it sweet, backsweeten with 1tbs table sugar/liter.
8. Store in fridge to prevent bottle bombs.
Detailed instructions can be found in this thread: