Originally Posted by Beerrific
I don't think I would hesitate to use propane inside with good ventiallation (crack in garage door).
There are a lot of people that have propane in their homes as opposed to NG. My in-laws run their stove and oven off propane.
I think in general (for propane or NG) though you should have a carbon monoxide detector and have another person around so if you something happens they can call 911.
You have to realize that a typical gas range is made up of four 8-12kbtu each. That's under 50kbtu if you have them all cranked. These burners we're talking about are 100kbtu + so it uses up a lot of oxygen and also displaces oxygen with exhaust gas (CO). Gotta get fresh air in. THis applies to natural gas or propane but the OP wasn't even talking about propane.