Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Does this apfelwein look right?

Old 12-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #1
Student
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Does this apfelwein look right?

I am trying out my first two batches of apfelwein simultaneously using glass 1/2 gallon barbecue sauce carboys as fermentors.

The one on the right is my first batch, about a month old and racked to secondary using a siphon. It is still bubbling, but very slowly. I mainly just got it off the yeast cake so that it could drop clear.

The one on the left is the second batch in primary. I put the yeast in about a minute before snapping the photo.

Does this look about right? This is my first time and I'm using much smaller containers than everyone else uses to ferment.

Any tips for smaller batches? I'm doing it this way because I cannot afford a large container nor do I have the space for one. I'm also using it as an opportunity to hone my recipe and technique using only $5.00 of ingredients each time.

Old 12-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
DangerRoss
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Re-size you picture!

Here is a tip: Be patient and don't touch it!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2873 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

Please shrink your pictures to 500x500 pixels please. It is rude.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew