Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Anyone in North Georgia?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #21
HokieHomeBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

deezy send me a youtube message and we can hook something up some time. I check YouTube a lot more than here.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
HokieHomeBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

browillard, they are very 'exclusive'. Lets just put it that way. Thats why I joined Final Gravity in Atlanta. A younger crowd and less exclusive. However, now I am so far away I want to join a new one. Everyone that has commented on this thread, we have atleast 6 people. Thats a good start to start our own up here It doesn't have to really be official it can just be us brewing every now and then. Anyone interested?

Old 12-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #23
arg
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I understand what you mean by "exclusive." I've gotten that feeling at the few meetings I've attended. Cordial and polite, sure, but they seem to be pretty tight-knit.

TBH, I'm surprised to see so many of us here.

I really would be interested in a meet and greet, group brew session or whatever. It'd be cool to have some other locals to brew with, and of course, taste all the brews.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #24
HokieHomeBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well lets set something up then. Arg, SW33K, Deezy, browillard, Porchse. Are yall interested in doing something like this maybe in the next few weeks ? Before xmas of course I know everyone is really busy around this time of year. Give me some feedback and I'll be happy to set something up. Maybe like Arg said, just do a meet and greet to start or a brew session. Whatever works for me.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #25
deezy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds good all. I'll check the calendar and see what days are booked up till the 24th.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #26
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 100

I am in Hamilton Mill.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #27
HokieHomeBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

limulus. interested in joining up for a meet and greet/brew day since we all live so far out in the boonies lol. let me know.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #28
SW33K
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My pipeline is full until next year. Brewing four kegs for a advertising party in 2 weeks. Can't wait til that's over with so I can get my kegs back. I'm still all for some group brewing though.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #29
HokieHomeBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

OK I think we should do a meet and greet / beer drinking first lol just to make things simple...like a Taco Mac group excursion or somethin. What do yall think?

Old 12-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #30
gstrawn
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieHomeBrew
browillard, they are very 'exclusive'. Lets just put it that way. Thats why I joined Final Gravity in Atlanta. A younger crowd and less exclusive. However, now I am so far away I want to join a new one. Everyone that has commented on this thread, we have atleast 6 people. Thats a good start to start our own up here It doesn't have to really be official it can just be us brewing every now and then. Anyone interested?
Im a student in athens but live in cartersville so im driving through that area monthly on my trips home. I feel Georgia is really booming in the craft/homebrew areas. I don't know that id be able to be an active member of a club but im always happy to meet/exchange/brew with fellow Georgia brewers! Just be a little bit of a a UGA fan ; )