American Brown Ale Question - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > American Brown Ale Question

Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Feb 2011
Wilbur, WA
Posts: 67

I have an American Brown Ale that I have fermenting in primary for two weeks now and I just checked the SG and it is already at 1.014. It started at 1.059. Should I go ahead and let is sit on the yeast for another week or so and then just bottle? Or should I go ahead and bottle it here soon? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Palefire's Avatar
Jun 2009
Posts: 1,124
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

If it's been there for 2 weeks you're probably fine, but another week certainly won't hurt. What's your pipeline look like? If you'll need to be drinking it in 3-4 weeks, then you're probably fine to bottle now. If you can hold out, I'd leave it in there for another week or so.

This all depends on how much yeast you pitched, ferment temps, etc. If you had any problems there, I'd leave it.

Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:31 AM   #3
Apr 2009
Chicago, IL
Posts: 587
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

It's probably done fermenting, but wait 2-3 days and see if it's at the same FG.

You can probably bottle now, but there's no harm waiting the full three weeks on a brown, IMO. They do better with time batch and bottle conditioning.
Geography in a Glass:

Reply With Quote
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
American Brown Ale Temperature concern DansBrew Fermentation & Yeast 4 05-02-2013 01:01 AM
First brew American Brown Ale - Ferm ?????? mjc8870 Fermentation & Yeast 4 10-29-2010 02:20 AM
Safale 04 American Brown Ale mjc8870 Fermentation & Yeast 6 10-18-2010 06:50 AM
wyeast 1272 american ale II or rogue pacman for brown ale R2-D2 Fermentation & Yeast 6 04-26-2010 02:24 AM
Brown Ale from an 'American Wheat' cake? nutty_gnome Fermentation & Yeast 5 01-20-2010 09:25 PM

Forum Jump