Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > GF Holiday Beer Ideas

Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
superjab7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default GF Holiday Beer Ideas

Hello, I'm looking for a good recipe to brew up in time for the holiday season. I was thinking about making a batch and giving my dad, who has celiacs, a case for Christmas or something. Any good holiday recipes someone could suggest? I was thinking maybe something with cherries! Thanks!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
KevinM
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's possible that you're cutting it a little too close. Are you looking at bottling or kegging?
I'm kinda rushing mine, and I did a light spiced beer. Similar to the others posted here.

Or are you looking at staring one up with him so that it'll be done in a month or two? I'm still looking at cherry beers, I haven't really decided how I'm going to work mine. I'm considering cherry concentrate rather than cherries, either sweet, tart, or a mix of the two.

Did you want to avoid sorghum? I like working with sorghum extract, mostly cause I can get it in quantities that make it easier to brew, rather than single pound containers.
Kegged&Ready: GF Orange&Coriander, GF Honey Lager, GF chocolate ale, GF English ale, Island mist (zinfandel), Island mist (cbry malbec).
Bottled: Infected Mead, Dry Hard ciders, Accidental Sorghumwine, various unnamed.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
superjab7
Recipes 

Haha ya I know it's close, but with semester wrapping up, I didn't have time to brew these last few weeks. I'm gonna be bottling though. If its not done for 2 months thats not a big deal to me. Just miss brewing.

I have a lot of brown rice syrup, so I was thinking of doing a mox of that and sorghum, haven't really decided. I definitely wanna make some sort of cherry ale if possible, and cherry concentrate sounds good. Just wanted to know if there are any good recipes out there.