Whatcha drinking tonight? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Whatcha drinking tonight?

Old 04-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Wichita Falls, Tx
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

I know its today for most of you'll, but 6:45, post dinner for me. Just cracked my little 5 liter mini keg of Double Chocolate Oatmeal Wheat Milk Stout (BADCOW Stout). And, MMMMmmmm its good, working on number 2.

Now I get to play some guitar with a friend and watch SWMBO play on the Nintendo.... tis a helluva Friday night.

Tommorow I go to a beir tasting festival somewhere around here, SWMBO's seargant told us about it.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Your SWMBO active duty? I must have missed that. What service?
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 04-27-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Wichita Falls, Tx
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

Yea, active duty, ARMY. Pretty different for a woman to be in the service. She hasn't touched a gun in 3 years (since basic training).

Old 04-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Sierra Vista, AZ
Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts

well after a gathering of sorts last weekend, Im fresh out of my beer. So.....I think im going to the store tonight and spend a good half hour deciding which beer to drink tonight.

Plus I love to argue about beer with the clerks there.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
Yeast Infection
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Boulder, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone
Plus I love to argue about beer with the clerks there.
I agree. it is fun.

I think tonight is going to be a whiskey night for myself. Mix whiskey and ginger ale, drink, and refill...repeat about 7 times.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefresh
Yea, active duty, ARMY. Pretty different for a woman to be in the service. She hasn't touched a gun in 3 years (since basic training).
What is her MOS?

My job in the Air Force works VERY closely with the Army--in fact I've been stationed at 2 Army bases in my career. The Army doesn't have weather guys, so guess who gets to deploy wiht the Army?????
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 04-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

I need to empty a keg of Apfelwein to make room for a bitter. I'm hoping to do so tonight so that I don't have to bottle the rest of it.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts

Rhoobarb is coming over to try my Vanilla Ale and I'm going to try a couple of his concoctions. I'm supposed to be at my parents place tomorrow afternoon, but I bought some grains and yeast on my lunch break today.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
Brewing Clamper

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Union City, CA
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

I went a little crazy at the grocery today so I'll be making some crab cakes with the works and washing it all down with some ESB & Oatmeal stout. I'll probably crack open one of the honey wheats. Those have been in the bottle enough, me thinks. Yeap... I'm gonna hit it a wee bit hard tonight. My LHBS guy is having a party/comp at his store tomorrow @ noon, so I have to prepare. Judging 25+ beers needs serious preparation... liverwise.

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Old 04-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #10
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Rhoobarb is coming over to try my Vanilla Ale and I'm going to try a couple of his concoctions. I'm supposed to be at my parents place tomorrow afternoon, but I bought some grains and yeast on my lunch break today.
Make sure you save some for the testing. I want to see what it's supposed to taste like