What's on your Christmas list? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > What's on your Christmas list?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Bigeb
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Northern Virginia
Posts: 59


The title says it all.

Mrs. Bigeb is pestering me about what I want for X-mas but I'm in the middle of a brain fart and I'm drawing a blank.

Anyone have any thoughts or preferences of what they want?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
lschiavo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
lschiavo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Surrounded by Yoopers
Posts: 4,722
Liked 1101 Times on 746 Posts


I have been searching for a nice grain scale.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
nukinfuts29
 
nukinfuts29's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
Pike County, MO
Posts: 1,594
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts


SWMBO is buying me $100 in brewing supplies from the retailer of my choice.

Which is awesome since $100 is a lot to us right now. Love that woman. Tried to talk her down to $50 but she's all about the $100.
__________________
My Recipes: Drunken Emu Hard Cider, Drunken Emu Mississippi River Water
The Jack Keller Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Kirks View Post
Patience, my Padawon. The yeast can sense your tension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Maybe you want to educate yourself instead of just having a bunch of pre-conceived notions based on ignorance.

pointerDixie214 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 31,360
Liked 5006 Times on 3379 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
I have been searching for a nice grain scale.
I got one that works real good for 5 gallons batches, and probably great for 10 gallons as well. I think it was only $25-35, and it's fine enough to measure hops as well.

Eh, it's a 55 lb. scale. It lists for $35, but I think I got it on sale.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultraship-Elec...2746947&sr=8-2


Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29 View Post
SWMBO is buying me $100 in brewing supplies from the retailer of my choice.

Which is awesome since $100 is a lot to us right now. Love that woman. Tried to talk her down to $50 but she's all about the $100.
We have talked about not wanting to spend on each other this year. Kid is going to college next year and our cars aren't getting any younger. But I REALLY want a pH meter!! I figure I'll just buy it anyway, so I might as well make it a Christmas list item.

What sucks for me is my wife has a birthday in mid December, so I have to come up with MORE ideas! It's hard for me to think of just one.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Cambone
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Milford, NH
Posts: 270
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts


Are we talking homebrew supplies? - Autosiphon and a long probe thermometer.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
Jklinden
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Abilene, Tx
Posts: 163
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Nitrogen regulator

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #7
lschiavo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
lschiavo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Surrounded by Yoopers
Posts: 4,722
Liked 1101 Times on 746 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I got one that works real good for 5 gallons batches, and probably great for 10 gallons as well. I think it was only $25-35, and it's fine enough to measure hops as well.

Eh, it's a 55 lb. scale. It lists for $35, but I think I got it on sale.

Amazon.com: Ultraship 55 Lb Electronic Digital Shipping Postal Kitchen Scale (Black): Home & Garden
.
I just emailed Santa the link. That one looks really nice. I like the detatchable display and .5 oz resolution is great too.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 31,360
Liked 5006 Times on 3379 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
I just emailed Santa the link. That one looks really nice. I like the detatchable display and .5 oz resolution is great too.
It's got 1 bad review, but I've never had a problem with it. I took it to work and checked calibration with our gram weights and it was dead on. The detachable faceplate is really nice when you can remember it! Especially when the grain bucket starts to cover it up.

I've had it for a couple of years and never changed the batteries so far. But be warned, the timeout is fairly quick. It shuts off after a couple of minutes.

I'm still trying to figure out what pH meter I want.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
lschiavo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
lschiavo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Surrounded by Yoopers
Posts: 4,722
Liked 1101 Times on 746 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
It's got 1 bad review, but I've never had a problem with it. I took it to work and checked calibration with our gram weights and it was dead on. The detachable faceplate is really nice when you can remember it! Especially when the grain bucket starts to cover it up.

I've had it for a couple of years and never changed the batteries so far. But be warned, the timeout is fairly quick. It shuts off after a couple of minutes.

I'm still trying to figure out what pH meter I want.
Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds good.

I have this pH meter: Milwaukee pH56 High Accuracy Pocket sized pH/Temperature Meter, Milwaukee PH56 - at the Test Equipment Depot

It is reasonably priced and seems to work well.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 31,360
Liked 5006 Times on 3379 Posts


I have been looking at that one from Yoopers pH meter thread. I also like the Hannah that was mentioned, and the other Milwaukee that was suggested with the remote sensor. (really, only for the manual calibration mode...)

I also want a bottle tree. I'm tired of having to schedule the dishwashing to have a clean upper rack when I want to clean bottles.

I'm getting an Arduino for my young daughter, so she can learn how to make me brewing systems. She has a lot more free time at night than I do...

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 LHBS to choose from, 1 just took himself off the list rtt121 General Chit Chat 65 11-05-2010 01:44 AM
What to put on my Christmas list? Homercidal General Chit Chat 4 12-11-2009 03:23 PM
Next on the list. Orfy General Chit Chat 9 02-19-2009 11:44 PM
Definition list dexter_craig General Chit Chat 4 12-31-2007 02:17 PM
Beer List? TxBrew General Chit Chat 2 08-19-2005 03:21 AM


Forum Jump