I <3 Craigslist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradleyBrew

Reaction score
Just got:

- (3) 6 gallon Carboys
- 1lb of irish moss
- +100 bottle caps
- Large 12" funnel
- 1 bottling bucket
- 2 spigots
- 2 airlocks
- 1 auto siphon
- 1 2oz bottle of yeast nutrient

for 30 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will most likely trash the plastic just because but still a great deal :)

i checked CL around here....nothing but a waaaaaay overpriced carboy.

Consider yourself LUCKY!

I checked too, and I didn't find anything. Here in the west Texas town of El Paso you don't find many home brewers. Most people around here don't realize that there is more to life than Bud light, Corona, and Tecate....

yeah... I am really surprised I got to this.. usually stuff around here is gone in hours. Especially when it a good deal. Would you guys scrap the buckets and plastic?

yeah... I am really surprised I got to this.. usually stuff around here is gone in hours. Especially when it a good deal. Would you guys scrap the buckets and plastic?

I would sell the carboys and keep the plastic.

BradleyBrew said:

I would probably junk the plastic if it was me. You don't know how the prior owner cleaned them they may have tiny scratchs that harbor bacteria

Damn! Nice find! I never see anything worthwhile on cl here, but I can't complain to much. I inherited 2 6 gallon and 3 5 gallon carboys from my wifes previous life. It was certainly a big help in getting me started.

Craig's list around is a bust most of the time. I once found a 3 tier B-3 tippy dump system for 2k, but I had already bought my B-1100. Other than that I just stick with eBay. For most things I just make a trip into more beer; those guys can hammer out just about any gnarly request I throw at them.

Just got:

- (3) 6 gallon Carboys
- 1lb of irish moss
- +100 bottle caps
- Large 12" funnel
- 1 bottling bucket
- 2 spigots
- 2 airlocks
- 1 auto siphon
- 1 2oz bottle of yeast nutrient

for 30 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah crap, so you're the one who got it. The guy in Norwood right? I emailed him, but it was gone. Brewing stuff seems to go quick, particularly when priced good. Congrats on your socre:mug:

stauffbier said:
i checked too, and i didn't find anything. Here in the west texas town of el paso you don't find many home brewers. Most people around here don't realize that there is more to life than bud light, corona, and tecate....

tecate?! Oh my goddddddd!!!!

Man, all I ever see in Portland is stuff that's the same price as buying new!

Agreed. I check CL 3+ times a week for brewing supplies. Usually the same price as new. The best deal I've seen was in Olympia but that was hours away. By the time you factor in time and gas the deal wasn't so great.

Damn that is a DEAL!

I recently got a bottling bucket and a 6.5 gl carboy for $40 and I was happy with it... well now I'm not! lol

Nice catch. I usually only see people selling at the cost of nearly new products and asking for bottles that people have used.

The other day I saw a person selling a used kit for 20 dollars more than the same brand new kit they gave a link to. That did amuse me a bit.

I'd keep the plastic buckets. As long as you sterilize it, it should be fine, no? Fill it up with bleach and let it soak for a couple days, that'll kill anything.

StittsvilleJames said:
I'd keep the plastic buckets. As long as you sterilize it, it should be fine, no? Fill it up with bleach and let it soak for a couple days, that'll kill anything.

Depends.... If they made sour beers the bacteria are very persistant. They guys who make sours on a regular basis say anything plastic or rubber should be dedicated to the bug beer cause. Check out brewing tv's latest episode... They talk about it a little.

Ah crap, so you're the one who got it. The guy in Norwood right? I emailed him, but it was gone. Brewing stuff seems to go quick, particularly when priced good. Congrats on your socre:mug:

Yeah that was me... I emailed him a few days after he posted the listing.. I though for sure it was going to be gone-d but it wasn't! He had a johnson analog temp control and a corny keg he was trying to sell me as well.

I just picked up a 20lbs CO2 tank with gauges for 40usd, tank is full and only a year old, in everything but new shape. It's a steel one, but the money was right,

I also not to long ago, picked up a 45 bottle tree, cork press, bottle caper, 40 650ml bottles and some other misc things like a big bag of rubbers for fips and caps for 50usd

I have a running ad on CL for WTB peoples old brewery stuff, some people try to retail out of the unused gear, but most people just dump it cheap to me.

I found two sankes and a 5lb co2 tank for 50the bucks... hopefuly he is true to his word and holds it till sunday

I wouldn't trash the plastic. Use it for a holding bucket or something. I seem to need spare buckets for random stuff all the time

Around DFW we get a lot of people trying to sell off starter kits for a little less than they are in the store. I guess it's people who either tried once and didn't like the results or tried a few times and just never caught the bug.

Sometimes I see cornies at decent prices.

When people list stuff at ridiculous prices, you can always try to low-ball them. I've never gotten any brewing stuff from there, but my brother has bought quite a few things and he recommends this tactic highly. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Yeah that was me... I emailed him a few days after he posted the listing.. I though for sure it was going to be gone-d but it wasn't! He had a johnson analog temp control and a corny keg he was trying to sell me as well.
Hmm, I emailed him the day after he posted and he emailed me back late the following evening, and said it was gone. Not my time I guess. Will keep looking. He also has some grains and hops for sale, but who knows how old it is.

Brewskii said:
Depends.... If they made sour beers the bacteria are very persistant. They guys who make sours on a regular basis say anything plastic or rubber should be dedicated to the bug beer cause. Check out brewing tv's latest episode... They talk about it a little.

I was disappointed in that episode... I was hoping they were actually going to brew something, and in the end it only made me deeply unsatisfied with my local bottle shop

Hmm, I emailed him the day after he posted and he emailed me back late the following evening, and said it was gone. Not my time I guess. Will keep looking. He also has some grains and hops for sale, but who knows how old it is.

the grains were not milled and I dont have a mill so they were useless to me. The hops looked kinda old and were leaf hops. Those don't hold up as well as pellets.

BradleyBrew said:
the grains were not milled and I dont have a mill so they were useless to me. The hops looked kinda old and were leaf hops. Those don't hold up as well as pellets.

Use a blender on ice crush setting.

bottlebomber said:
I was disappointed in that episode... I was hoping they were actually going to brew something, and in the end it only made me deeply unsatisfied with my local bottle shop

Yeah, They are getting less and less about home brew and more and more about showing off micros. I think they are getting side tracked by their commercial account$.

Just got 50 Grolsch bottles, two swing top growlers, two brand new brew kits, 2# crystal malt, 10# of DME and an assortment of additives (campden, citric acid, etc) for $50. :) I was rather happy about that.

Just got 50 Grolsch bottles, two swing top growlers, two brand new brew kits, 2# crystal malt, 10# of DME and an assortment of additives (campden, citric acid, etc) for $50. :) I was rather happy about that.

Wow! nice deal... did the kits come with Carboys?

I would keeo all of it. I clean well, sanatize, and ignore the mass paranoia.

Sent from my Galaxy S 4G using Home Brew Talk for Android

Back