Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > New to this and probably messed it up...
Old 11-30-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default New to this and probably messed it up...

So here I am living in South Korea wishing for some good old cider and unable to find any anywhere.
As a result I decided to start making my own. My first batch was home squeezed apples (about 12L) and followed the recipe and methodology on the:

After adding the yeast and leaving in a brewing bucket for 4 days, I then transfered to my carboy via a siphon.
However the siphon was a disaster and basically not a lot of yeast sediment went into the secondary fermentation vessel but there was a huge amount of aereation of the cider. It's been over a day and there have been no bubbles coming through the airlock.
Do I add more yeast / sugar / ?

Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No worries. There is plenty of yeast in suspension to do the job. A secondary "fermentation" isn't really a fermentation per-se, more just the yeast cleaning up after itself when its done fermenting.