Skyrim and Mead - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Mead Forum > Skyrim and Mead

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 05:28 AM   #21
dovah
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Winter Park, Florida
Posts: 3

I will admit. I really wanted to try mead after I started playing the elder scrolls. I drink it while playing... I'm such a nerd



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #22
Atek
Recipes 
 
May 2010
, South Dakota
Posts: 429
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by dovah View Post
I will admit. I really wanted to try mead after I started playing the elder scrolls. I drink it while playing... I'm such a nerd
I'd wager most of us on this thread drink or have drunk mead while playing any one of the games in the elder scrolls. :-D

If we do come up with a Skyrim inspired mead, I feel it should be called honningbrew mead.


__________________
"Gaurd your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and out live the bastards."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #23
BBBF
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Chicago
Posts: 1,363
Liked 96 Times on 78 Posts


I wonder how many non brewers will try mead because of this game.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:20 AM   #24
vekzero
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Quincy, MA
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBF View Post
I wonder how many non brewers will try mead because of this game.
probably a good amount. i don't play skyrim but i am thinking about trying it. but i do read and i first heard of mead in the hobbit then in beowulf.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #25
CM4OSU
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Stillwater, OK
Posts: 23
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


I have to admit, this game did cause a little inspiration to brew my own. If my attempts turn into success, I might give the junipers a try.

Ravyn82 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #26
Rich71093
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Tionesta, PA
Posts: 11
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Nice Horn!! Did you make it?

When you drink mead from a horn, it results in an overwhelming urge to rape and pillage!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #27
Annubis
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Northeast, OH
Posts: 27
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Take care when purchasing a horn-

They can be unsealed (not good to drink from)
Sealed with synthetic resins (good to drink cold and hot drinks from, also spirits)
Natural beeswax (only drink cooler beverages from these)

They also hold more liquid than it may seem.

Fun to drink from, but SWMBO and I only use them during special occasions- a big stein can be set down on a table without spilling anything.

Happy pillaging

Edit...

Since this got off-topic, I figured I'd add something to bring it back...
I'm not sure I'd add juniper berries to mead unless I really liked the way gin tastes.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #28
bottlebomber
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Anybody have a Blackbriar clone yet?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #29
divi2323
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Blue Island, IL
Posts: 376
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Annubis
Take care when purchasing a horn-

They can be unsealed (not good to drink from)
Sealed with synthetic resins (good to drink cold and hot drinks from, also spirits)
Natural beeswax (only drink cooler beverages from these)

They also hold more liquid than it may seem.

Fun to drink from, but SWMBO and I only use them during special occasions- a big stein can be set down on a table without spilling anything.

Happy pillaging

Edit...

Since this got off-topic, I figured I'd add something to bring it back...
I'm not sure I'd add juniper berries to mead unless I really liked the way gin tastes.
Why would anyone want to set their drink down at a party???!!! Sacrilege! Drink your beverage wuss!

Atek Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:29 AM   #30
BoxMan
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Richmond, ky
Posts: 87
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


This is pretty awesome and funny, because Skyrim is the reason I got back into drinking mead. I tried some mead once, and I wasn't too keen on it... Chaucer's, I think.

My bro in law actually inspired me to start making my own stuff. But I do drink mead while playing skyrim. I love to drink it warm, mulled over an orange slice and a cinnamon stick.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump