My latest DIY project: UberFridge (temp controller with web interface) - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > My latest DIY project: UberFridge (temp controller with web interface)

Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
Elkoe
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant(NL)
Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my latest project: Uberfridge

It is a temperature controller for my fridge, that runs on Arduino + a DD-WRT router. It has a web interface via WiFi, data logging and temperature profiles.

See the video in the link for a quick overview.

houndsbreath Likes This 
Old 11-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
acefaser
Recipes 

Feb 2011
firestone, co
Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

Very nice! Thanks for posting code and the links to help others. I just got a arduino and eithernet shield to play with so I might build a something similar.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
Looper
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

dude, thats awesome.

Seems like you're a really smart kid. Keep it up!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #4
Flomaster

Recipes 

Nov 2010
Orange, Ca
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts

bad ass

Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #5
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Lemon Grove, CA, CA
Liked 33 Times on 24 Posts

Very cool, thanks for the video walk-thru. Been thinking about doing a couple of these puppies since my first love is tech... nice way to combine hobbies.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:25 AM   #6
buzzardman
Recipes 

Aug 2011
oceanside, ca

that's rad. how long did it take you to get this all working. I've been learning python and this looks like something I could test my skills with.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #7
bendiy

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Boulder, CO
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Nice work! Are you data logging to the Wifi router or does your script push the data straight into a Google Spreadsheet?

I'm working on a arduino controller for my brew session. I'd like to log the data, but all I've been doing so far is pushing it over serial to my laptop to generate a CSV file. Pushing it straight into a Google Spreadsheet sounds like a simple alternative. Using a router to do it is a great way to get an embedded computer into my control panel and eliminate the laptop from the setup. Google Spreadsheets work so well with their Visualization API, you don't even have to write a data->JSON conversion script like you would with database query.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #8
digitalhifi
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Houston, TX
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Wow. Keep it up!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #9
Looper
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendiy View Post
Nice work! Are you data logging to the Wifi router or does your script push the data straight into a Google Spreadsheet?

I'm working on a arduino controller for my brew session. I'd like to log the data, but all I've been doing so far is pushing it over serial to my laptop to generate a CSV file. Pushing it straight into a Google Spreadsheet sounds like a simple alternative. Using a router to do it is a great way to get an embedded computer into my control panel and eliminate the laptop from the setup. Google Spreadsheets work so well with their Visualization API, you don't even have to write a data->JSON conversion script like you would with database query.
Everything you just said, could very well be in a foreign language...

Old 11-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
Elkoe
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant(NL)
Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendiy View Post

The router logs the data on USB storage, in JSON and CSV format. I use the spreadsheet only to set a temperature profile. A day generates 1440 data points, so a spreadsheet would get very large.
Google has a library for python to generate the JSON files. I just have to recombine them in JavaScript to one big JSON file before drawing the chart.