Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Temperature Instability and Effect on Secondary/Bottled Beer
Old 04-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Temperature Instability and Effect on Secondary/Bottled Beer

Hey All,

I have about 60 bottles of homebrew (35 of which are priming) at my parents house along with my secondary fermenter. Today in NY it was about 75 degrees and i just discovered that's about what the temp was inside the house as well. The average temperature in the house is usually 68 with the burner going. How is this temperature swing going to effect my homebrew bottles/secondary fermenter?

The priming bottles have White Labs Cali V yeast, and the secondary is working on cheesefoods CCA with Wyeast German Ale yeast.

Primary : Nada
Secondary Edwort's Apfelwein, AHS Titannia Wheat On Deck: LHBS IPA [Recipe Unknown], Corona Clone (Lawnmower Beer)
Bottled: Spicy Orange Pale Ale, Stone Cold Brown Ale Kegged: Spicy Pumpkin Ale
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Old 04-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

It shouldn't affect anything at all. It's more important during primary fermentations and if you're doing a lager.