Go White Sox! - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Go White Sox!

Old 10-13-2005, 05:46 AM   #11
gibfried

Recipes 

Aug 2005
OZARKS

You are all going down.

Go CARDINALS!

Primary: Nothing
Secondary: Nothing
Aging: Ugly Monk Belgium Abbey
Drinking: Heavenly Honey Wheat,Chocolate Stout, London Porter, Big Fat Fatty's Oatmeal Stout, Pete's Porter, California Not So Common, Ugly Monk Belgium Abbey, Maple Brown
Upcoming Brew: Bass Clone, Fosters (a light drink for those who think beer has to be light).

Old 10-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #13
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 88 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb
No extra innings! SOX WIN! And none of that 'controversy' b#llsh*t! That pitch WAS in the dirt! And even if it wasn't, it's about time a call went a Chicago team's way!

I'm neutral here--(my Brewers were out of contention after the first month), BUT, that ball was NOT in the dirt. Sox got lucky. You hate to see a team lose like that. At any rate--this will be talked about for years to come if the Sox win the series. It will never get mentioned again if the Angels come back. Which won't happen. Sox are a better team IMHO.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 10-18-2005, 01:20 AM   #14

A buddy of mine saw the 'controversial call' on his HD TV and he couldn't tell for sure in HD. Moot point now. (Catcher shoulda tagged A.J. anyway)

It's looking like it's gonna be the Astros and the White Sox, which will be a geat Series. My favorite team as a kid ('Stros) and my favorite team now.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:18 AM   #15

WHERE ARE ALL THE ASTROS FANS?!

This is an especially meaningful World Series for me. Growing up a huge Astros fan as a child, then being transplanted in my junior high school years to the Chicago area, I really want my Sox to win. But, should it happen that they lose (which they won’t ), I'd be glad to see the Astros reign as World Champions!

Old 10-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #16
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb
WHERE ARE ALL THE ASTROS FANS?!
I've been living here for 20 years now, and I haven't found one yet.
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 10-26-2005, 04:18 PM   #17
Windaria
Recipes 

Oct 2005
Houston, TX

You know... I have never liked baseball (heck, I don't really care for any mainstream sport, give me a good Muay Thai or Pankration bout any day), but I actually found a way that I can stand to watch baseball.

See... you open up the major league baseball site and they have a java thing going on wherein they show where each hit scores, and what is going on, the face of the batter and the pitcher, so you can watch all the numbers WITHOUT having to actually watch the players! It was great, just like watching my characters in Progress Quest.

But then the Astros lost... oh it was so embarassing, they got raped in one inning. Oh well (last night, that is). Now with the games at 3-0, they're gone.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:26 PM   #18
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windaria
they got raped in one inning
Those dastardly blacksox.
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 10-26-2005, 04:30 PM   #19
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Madison WI
Liked 21 Times on 12 Posts

Do people still play baseball? I thought it was a dead sport... like Tachtli or jai alai.

*runs away after poking sleeping giant with sharp stick*

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:41 PM   #20
Windaria
Recipes 

Oct 2005
Houston, TX

I tend to take that perspective as well kornkob. I mean... man wacks ball with stick, man runs, people run around 'bases', man throws ball, man wacks with stick... etc etc.

Where's the blood? That is all I want to know, where's the blood? If there isn't at least some blood involved then I lose interest rather quickly, which is why I like Pankration and Thai kick boxing, now THAT is fun to watch.