Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Question about white chocolate ale?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
SimonPascal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Question about white chocolate ale?

I would like to make a white chocolate ale. In fact I'm dabbling with the weissbier style and I want to make a special beer for dessert.

I would like a beer that taste like white chocolate and with a white porto kind of feeling. I think that lactose could give me the sugary side and a chocolate liquor (white one) to give it the chocolate taste.

I'll take a pale 2 row canadian malt to start the beer.

I'm not interested with orange and coriander taste in this white beer.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #2
amazinglarry
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What your describing sounds more aligned with a milk stout and very little like a wit or weizen. I would stay away from a wheat based malt profile if it was me since wheat has a tartness to it that I can't image would gel with the chocolate flavor you're describing. That said, you can also utilize chocolate wheat malt if you're hell bent on this. I also have tasted homebrews that have used kahlua with pretty good results as well, kinda of like a white russian beer.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
SimonPascal
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I want it to look like a white beer and not a stout... thanks for the pointer

In creation: Winter Solstice Beer (Saturnal Beer)