hey all -
as promised, here are some more pictures and a video
I finished installing and leak testing the herms coil.
herms coil began it's life as an immersion chiller from midwest brew. here it is after cutting off the excess.
as you can see, the coiling process puts a troublesome oval shape in the tubing
i worked the ends with a pair of channeloks to try and get it more round
after 20 minutes of messing around, I could still only get the nut on about 1 inch. After this, I decided to quit messing around and I drilled out the nut bigger with my step bit. after that it slid right on
here is the coil installed
close up of swagelok connection inside
my water-in connection...random off topic, but shows what I do
here is a video of my leak testing the newly installed coil...plan on putting some pressure on it for the next test...maybe with a valve or something
used a visio created template to layout the PID holes -worked great in real life too...not just my imagination
control panel is getting primed, painted, and cleared