Trashy Renters Rant - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Trashy Renters Rant

Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #31
phoenixs4r
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Hayward, California
Liked 56 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner65
As a side business I used to paint little rental houses for a big company. Most of these houses were in low rent areas so you can imagine. The worst I saw (paint wise) was a childrens room that the parents allowed them to crayola the walls. Now I have kids and I am no stranger to crayon on walls but this room was painted SOLID all four walls with crayon. Never got it looking even half way decent. Tried covering with kills and guess what? wax is a repellent!!! so after 4 coats or so of primer it would hold paint but it looked awful. That side business is why I will never rent any properties.
I work for a restoration company. I got a call one day to deal with a flood causes by evicted tenant. The ex - tenant clogged all the drains and ran water, then proceeded to spray ketchup and mustard all over the walls. Totally non-removable, had to retexture the walls.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #32
509inc

Recipes 

Jan 2010
OKC
Liked 55 Times on 49 Posts

Well at least I'm not the only one with bad renters.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #33
MotivationDedication

Recipes 

Nov 2010
WL, Indiana
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is the stuff that's always frustrating to hear. I live in a college town and I'm currently on the prowl for a new house to live in come spring/summer (used to be a college student, graduated and moved on from that life). However, since I'm still in this town and close to the age of a student I have that against me in my search. I've been on the hunt for a nice property with a decent landlord. I'm tidy, good with home repair, have a respectable, professional career and take pride in where I live and more importantly HOW I live (not at all like an animal) however I'll have the problem I'm in until 1. I move away or 2. I'm old enough to not be assumed I'm a barbarian partier.

College students are in fact the cause of downfall in trust of the housing market in a college town, and it sucks when you live in one.

Best of luck to you, OP!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
Misfit
Recipes 

Jun 2011
West Chester, pa
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

^ you sound like me last year. I was 25 wanted a good clean place to live. Finally found one. 3 bedroom house 2 car garage. 2.5 acres. The problem now is I need to find two new roommates

Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #35
JebCkr
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Daejeon, South Korea
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I'm kind of on the other end here. I am a renter and we have destroyed a lot of the stuff here. This includes, but is not limited to: 1. Kicked in front door 2. Golf ball through back window 3. Multiple holes in the drywall 4. and my all time favorite, a potato cannon full of chili shot at the ceiling.

Now we do manage to fix these things out of pocket, but let's just say I'm not holding my breath on getting my deposit back.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #36
nukinfuts29

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Pike County, MO
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy
I can't think of any rational reason for using a BBQ indoors. Seriously, did the open all windows or something? But still....

Have you tested for meth yet?

Maybe it was raining lmao

Sent from my Galaxy S 4G using Home Brew Talk for Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Kirks View Post
Patience, my Padawon. The yeast can sense your tension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Maybe you want to educate yourself instead of just having a bunch of pre-conceived notions based on ignorance.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #37
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Bee Cave, Texas
Liked 337 Times on 169 Posts

I was a renter from the age of 18 to 33, apartments to houses on acreage and I always left a place in BETTER condition than when I moved in.

Where is the pride in people these days.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #38
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7413 Times on 6080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Where is the pride in people these days.
It gets all used up in the annual parade.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #39
pksmitty

Recipes 

May 2009
Bel Air, MD
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

My first job was with a public housing authority. I worked in the central office, not the projects, thankfully. (Excuse me, not projects, developments). I did, however, hear the horror stories from the rental offices. Probably the worst one I heard was the tenant who called the rental office and requested a new toilet be brought up, because the one they had was full!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #40
marley
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Nashville, TN / Venice, FL

We recently had a veteran who had gone crazy.

Removed all the outlets, light fixtures, etc, bathroom sink was clogged and had been running for quite some time, all bathroom flooring was rotten, dried vomit in multiple places, M16 up against wall (that's comforting), every wall had at least 5-6 base ball bat holes.

Everything was charged to him, and paid.

Had a alcoholic one time pass out while making french fries, and caused 5000 of fire damage to his apartment.

Actually had a whole building burn down this Summer, from a cigarette.

Insurance and deposits are important.
Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters. -Norman Maclean