Trashy Renters Rant - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Trashy Renters Rant

Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7698 Times on 6284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead View Post
As much as she forces it out of my mouth, she must.

Not willingly. Though I am beginning to suspect that some such voodoo may have been distributed as adjuncts into several of my grain bills.
Bwahahahaha. Terlalu lucu!

Yeah, I know. 14 years of marriage and I still can't write Bahasa Melayu for sh!t. She's more interested in improving her English.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
ThickHead

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Atlanta, GA
Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Terlalu lucu!
Indeed!

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 11-17-2011, 12:18 AM   #23
dozer217
Recipes 

Feb 2009
LBC, CA

I'm guessing they lit the BBQ to stay warm because the probably couldn't afford the cost of heat, see that a lot when they report how 6 people died from the carbon monoxide.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #24
marley
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Nashville, TN / Venice, FL

I do this for a living. I have over 740 units.

In order to keep stuff like this from happening, you need to ask for a LARGE deposit. Get rental references. Drop by every once and awhile. Make them sign a move-out cost schedule. Take pics upon M/I and M/O.

It will save you some serious issues in the long run.
Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters. -Norman Maclean

Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #25
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Hendersonville, TN
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marley View Post
I do this for a living. I have over 740 units.

In order to keep stuff like this from happening, you need to ask for a LARGE deposit. Get rental references. Drop by every once and awhile. Make them sign a move-out cost schedule. Take pics upon M/I and M/O.

It will save you some serious issues in the long run.
Small world, my folks have about 40 units in and around Nashville. After the flood we bought a duplex together for almost nothing.

Op, if you aren't making money with 50 units you are doing something wrong. My folks both "retired" at 40 and they live off of the rental money. They live in a large house and live quite comfortably.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #26
marley
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Nashville, TN / Venice, FL

I have apartments, and a rental home in FL.

Good money. Pretty much inflation proof. Housing market goes down, rentals go up.

The property I have in Nashville is 100% leased. It's near a bunch of schools though, so students keep it full.

You don't know trashed, until you have college students. Literally, the dumbest folks on the planet are college students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
The exact reason I sold my rental. Well that and constantly having to pound on the door to get my rent money. Rental properties are a massive PITA with slob tenants and laws that only protect the renter. There is no money in them unless you got the property for a song to begin with.
Funny. That has not been my experience. Actually, my Nashville property, has had the best year it's ever had this year.
Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters. -Norman Maclean

Old 12-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #27
slomo

Recipes 

Jan 2009
sacramento, ca.
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I use to be a renter, and it astounds me the way some people live their lives. Good luck with the repairs.
The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2205 Times on 775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I KNEW it!

Can't tell em a damned thing huh? Does she love hearing "Guess what? This isn't Indonesia/Malaysia" as much as mine does?

Did you eat the black sticky rice too?
It's amazing I know very little about that culture but I do know about the Black Sticky Rice.

Register Now!

Old 12-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #29
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7698 Times on 6284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew View Post
It's amazing I know very little about that culture but I do know about the Black Sticky Rice.
I am always the last to hear about anything.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #30
gunner65

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Lexington, KY
Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

As a side business I used to paint little rental houses for a big company. Most of these houses were in low rent areas so you can imagine. The worst I saw (paint wise) was a childrens room that the parents allowed them to crayola the walls. Now I have kids and I am no stranger to crayon on walls but this room was painted SOLID all four walls with crayon. Never got it looking even half way decent. Tried covering with kills and guess what? wax is a repellent!!! so after 4 coats or so of primer it would hold paint but it looked awful. That side business is why I will never rent any properties.