Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #691
schmoe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 2

And the HVAC isn't running in the office today. Looks like I am leaving early and sitting in my basement to become an evil vampire overlord or something.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #692
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Liked 5876 Times on 5107 Posts
Likes Given: 80

God I swear, this is the buggiest game I have ever payed to play.

Got Skyrim running, waited for Alduin to finish his speal, decided to fast travel to Whiterun for some potions (Magicka poison and resist fire), came back and went to war.

Dragonrend, poison arrow,...

Fvcker never tried to hit me. Not even once. Done in a minutes time.

And, why the FVCK could I Fast Travel when Alduin is on teh rampage but, a mad elf in the vicinity and I am stuck?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #693
bobbrews
Recipes 

Liked 425 Times on 343 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I have a legit question. What's with the Geode veins in Blackreach? Are they at all significant? It just seems that regular ore comes out from them.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #694
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews View Post
I have a legit question. What's with the Geode veins in Blackreach? Are they at all significant? It just seems that regular ore comes out from them.
They can produce levelled soul gems, if you need them.

At higher levels, mining is pointless. Just buy whatever you need to smith with.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #695
schmoe

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
God I swear, this is the buggiest game I have ever payed to play.

Got Skyrim running, waited for Alduin to finish his speal, decided to fast travel to Whiterun for some potions (Magicka poison and resist fire), came back and went to war.

Dragonrend, poison arrow,...

Fvcker never tried to hit me. Not even once. Done in a minutes time.

And, why the FVCK could I Fast Travel when Alduin is on teh rampage but, a mad elf in the vicinity and I am stuck?
I had the same type of thing happen to me. Two named dragons were hell bent on killing me. I died a couple times trying to fight them. The 3rd time, they kinda moved in slow motion in the air and weren't fighting.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #696
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

So once you've finished the Souvenguard stuff, do you get to go back and forth between Skyrim and Skuldafn?

Seems a waste to leave all that Ebony loot behind.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #697
schmoe

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post

And, Blackreach SUCKS! Can't see a fvcking thing but floating dandruff and jellyfish!
Become a vampire and you can have night vision on command. Makes all the crappy dark areas much more manageable.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #698
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoe View Post
Become a vampire and you can have night vision on command. Makes all the crappy dark areas much more manageable.
Still on the fence regarding DawnGuard and Civil War. Can't decide what side to take.

Civil War = Hate Ulfric and his smug BS, his discrimination, his dominative attitude towards Skyrim. A respectable king he will not make. But, the Empire turns their head to the Thalmor and that pisses me off too. Just not enough to like Ulfric.

I am tempted to side with Ulfric just to make Thane early and then give the crown to the Imperials later.

DawnGuard = No opinion yet. Based solely on what little knowledge I have of the Vampiric empire their one goal is to block out the sun and render Skyrim a lifeless nation.

Seems a waste to put so much effort into saving Skyrim from teh dragons only to hand it over to bloodsuckers. It may be fun to play the vamp character, but like with Lycanism I want a cure so I can control the affront in the name of Skyrim.

Honestly, given the premise of Skyrim, I think their should be a third option. the Dovakien becomes a Dragon Overlord, ruling Skyrim from the necks of his Dragon cavalry. Fighting back the second coming of the Stormcloak Blades faction to put an end to Ulfric's selfish tyranny. I think THAT would be cool. But mostly cause I wanna see Paarthanux roast Ulfric like a marshmallow. And, i wanna see Delphine neal in submission to the dragonborn empire. Bitch needs to be put in her place. Dova Genocide is NOT the answer. A real king would make an ally of such a formidable race, but only one that can prove he has the metal to rule such a strong foe.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #699
schmoe

Recipes 

After going through the main questline as a vampire, I am going back through as a Dawnguard and doing all the side quests. I never wanted to do the side quests as a vampire because all the vampires ever did was sit at the table drinking blood from people.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #700
bobbrews
Recipes 

Liked 425 Times on 343 Posts
Likes Given: 72

What's your guys' favorite Skyrim home? For the longest time, I used stupid Breezehome because it's located in convenient Whiterun. Now, I'm at Vlindrel Hall in Markarth which I think is pretty similar to Proudspire Manor in Solitude, in terms of square footage, except the former has a convenient one floor layout. Hjerim in Windhelm also looks pretty nice after you clean it up a bit. I might make the move there soon. Honeyside in Riften would be a distant 5th place... It's basically like Breezehome with a basement instead of a 2nd floor but I think it has the most Mannequins.

Side note: I can't stand all the baskets, bowls, forks, food, and napkins on every table. They constantly fall onto the floor, creating a mess. Some of it you can put it your inventory and throw outside, but you cannot pick up the silverware and rags. I'd rather just have full crates of ale and mead everywhere honestly... a bachelor pad/man cave... And I want more mannequins, weapon racks, and shield mounts instead of cabinets and bookshelves!