Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #591
bobbrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sierra, Nevada
Posts: 4,020
Liked 423 Times on 341 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default

@H-ost

I do that with my Dark Elf Archer. She picks apart a Giant with a single arrow while crouching. But my skills are still pretty well rounded other than a few of the mage minors like illusion, conjuration, restoration.

I can easily bump those up those skills though by training with a teacher at the college, then selling them a bunch of items I don't need to get my money back.


bobbrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #592
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 51,874
Liked 5787 Times on 5044 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews View Post
@H-ost

I do that with my Dark Elf Archer. She picks apart a Giant with a single arrow while crouching. But my skills are still pretty well rounded other than a few of the mage minors like illusion, conjuration, restoration.
Ayup. Ebony bow of Frost, Ebony arrows, high Archery skill, Helm + gauntlets + ring + necklace of Archery, and Sneak attack and I can usually take down a Mammoth in 2 or 3 hits.

I don't recall what variety of dragon it was but, once, I even took a Elixir of True Shot plus all the previously mentioneds and took a dragon in two hits. First hit forced it down, second hit took it out. Although, I am unsure if my follower got any arrows in too. When she does, I usually have something to recover and that time I did not.


GilaMinumBeer is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #593
bobbrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sierra, Nevada
Posts: 4,020
Liked 423 Times on 341 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default

I use a modifed bow, gloves, helmet, and ring... but even with an Iron or Forsworn arrow, those Giant's tumble in one shot.
bobbrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #594
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 51,874
Liked 5787 Times on 5044 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews View Post
I use a modifed bow, gloves, helmet, and ring... but even with an Iron or Forsworn arrow, those Giant's tumble in one shot.
Yep. Most characters have become so easy to 'one shot kill' taht I have seriously considered upping the game difficulty to Master.
GilaMinumBeer is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #595
H-ost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,753
Liked 53 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Damn... I played this weekend and now that I'm posting on this thread I REALLY want to play today but I can't...
__________________
"Wisdom isn't "thinking hard". It's experience." - PassedPawn
H-ost is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #596
bobbrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sierra, Nevada
Posts: 4,020
Liked 423 Times on 341 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Yep. Most characters have become so easy to 'one shot kill' taht I have seriously considered upping the game difficulty to Master.
I'm on Master now, but my second character just developed skills way faster than my first, so the one shot kills still work most of the time.
bobbrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #597
H-ost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,753
Liked 53 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews View Post
@H-ost

I do that with my Dark Elf Archer. She picks apart a Giant with a single arrow while crouching. But my skills are still pretty well rounded other than a few of the mage minors like illusion, conjuration, restoration.

I can easily bump those up those skills though by training with a teacher at the college, then selling them a bunch of items I don't need to get my money back.
I was getting close to being that strong with my assassin/thief but my damned "Character ADHD" keeps me wanting to make new characters...
__________________
"Wisdom isn't "thinking hard". It's experience." - PassedPawn
H-ost is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #598
schmoe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
schmoe's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 525
Liked 51 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-ost View Post
I was getting close to being that strong with my assassin/thief but my damned "Character ADHD" keeps me wanting to make new characters...
My first character has 100 sneak and 95+ archery. Then I made 3 other characters. My Character ADHD is the same.
schmoe is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #599
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 51,874
Liked 5787 Times on 5044 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoe View Post
My first character has 100 sneak and 95+ archery. Then I made 3 other characters. My Character ADHD is the same.
I just realised last night that I have 100 Sneak.

I am very near to having 100 in Smithing (95), Archery(98), and Heavy Armor (90).

The only tree I have taken more than a perk or two with is Archery.
GilaMinumBeer is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #600
schmoe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
schmoe's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 525
Liked 51 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I just realised last night that I have 100 Sneak.

I am very near to having 100 in Smithing (95), Archery(98), and Heavy Armor (90).

The only tree I have taken more than a perk or two with is Archery.
I have the top level perk for sneaking. It makes the game too easy. Just crouch and no one can find you.


schmoe is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS