Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Old 05-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #261
H-ost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 108

My first character was a full mage. Mainly used conjuration and destruction, kill everyone while they fight my atronarchs. I am so glad that they finally made a TES game that you can actually play as a mage. With the other games in the series it was impossible (except on the PC) to play as a mage.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #262
mightynintendo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Really?

I have transmute. And I have the most recent updates.

For every Iron dagger or set of Leather Bracers smithed I am getting 1 step toward the next level. Sure, there are a LOT of step between levels but Ingots and Ore are cheap in addition to any ore I mine along the way.

Every time I go back to my house to collect a weapon or store loot I stop by the forge, buy ore, ingots, and leather and increase smithing by at least 2 levels. Have upped from s'thing like 15 to 40 in just a handful of stops.

I wonder. Do some forges offer better increases in smithing than others?
Yeah iron daggers and hide bracers are really easy to spam and may get you several levels. smithing used to progress the same no matter the item. that has been changed to progress based on the value of the item smithed. it's easier to spam gold neclaces than daedric armor so that's why I suggested jewelry.

one of my favorite pass times in skyrim is giant hunting combined with wheat farming. great way to level up your combat skills, alchemy, and selling makes you a ton of money.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #263
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5835 Times on 5078 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynintendo View Post
one of my favorite pass times in skyrim is giant hunting combined with wheat farming. great way to level up your combat skills, alchemy, and selling makes you a ton of money.
Mabe I should try close combat with a giant now. Last time I tired I got launched into orbit. Ever since I've kept them at bows distance. My current bow takes a giant down in 3 shots.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #264
mightynintendo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Mabe I should try close combat with a giant now. Last time I tired I got launched into orbit. Ever since I've kept them at bows distance. My current bow takes a giant down in 3 shots.
It's worth a shot. My current character is a mage so I have the benefit of being able to level my main combat skills from a distance. giants are slow so if you have a decent amount of stamina you should be able to land a blow and run before he can clobber you. try to lure one giant away from the group as two giants gets really messy. throw in a mammoth or three and you've got a lot of work on your hands.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to have a bunch of empty greater soul gems. Grand if you're going for mammoths.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #265
H-ost
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Giants are an example of why my orc was too strong. He could take on 2-3 giants at a time with not much issue (somewhere in the 25-30 level range) But I do not think I ever killed a mammoth those biggums take some damage...

Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #266
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-ost View Post
Giants are an example of why my orc was too strong. He could take on 2-3 giants at a time with not much issue (somewhere in the 25-30 level range) But I do not think I ever killed a mammoth those biggums take some damage...
I killed one very early with bow and arrow and a staff of flames. Took nearly 100 arrows.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #267
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Finally got my smithing leveled up, last night, high enough that I could modify magic items.

A MUCH needed improvement to my current arsenal.

As quickly as I have boosted the level up by smithing a bunch of cheap daggers i really see no reason, other than cash flow, to switch it up. I tried smithing some jewelry (Silver) and while it does give you a larger jump it also takes more.

I figure a few more rounds of smithing daggers and I'll have that boosted to 100. Then the next perk I can take is either dragon or daedric.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #268
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Finally got my smithing leveled up, last night, high enough that I could modify magic items.

A MUCH needed improvement to my current arsenal.

As quickly as I have boosted the level up by smithing a bunch of cheap daggers i really see no reason, other than cash flow, to switch it up. I tried smithing some jewelry (Silver) and while it does give you a larger jump it also takes more.

I figure a few more rounds of smithing daggers and I'll have that boosted to 100. Then the next perk I can take is either dragon or daedric.
Dragon is awesome and easy to make

Daedric is WAY better but harder to make, as every piece requires both Ebony and Daedra hearts. I only got enough hearts by doing the mission with the black star.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #269
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkapottomous View Post
Dragon is awesome and easy to make

Daedric is WAY better but harder to make, as every piece requires both Ebony and Daedra hearts. I only got enough hearts by doing the mission with the black star.
Enthir at the college always has 2 for sale. Everytime I have visited so far he has had 2 in stock. IIRC, a pair of hearts cost s'thing like $800 to $1000. You have to have cleared the Eye of Magnus before he will start offering the hearts for sale tho'.

Chump change when you are normally carrying around $15 to $20k in septims.

Black Star is the next major quest I have to go through. As of late, I have been going through and clearing out old quests. so far I have just been focusing on the miscellaneous quests. That sh!t adds up QUICK!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #270
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1977 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 3577

You can buy hearts at some of the alchemist shops. Just remember to put all scales/bones you get in a house chest early on. You dont want to sell them, and you dont want to carry all that weight. When you hit 100 smithing, it's nice to just pop into your house and bring the bones/scales to Warmaiden's forge.

the public demands it so I'm tellin' it accurately.
God sent a mean hail storm my way,
I counteracted with a dirty sack of diapers on his highway.
When I die, I don't need a fancy pine box;
throw my body in the Buick, tune the radio to classic rock. ~Grand Buffet

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!