Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Old 12-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #91
thodson2010
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Such a great game! Bottlebomber, I too am into the archery. Get the 3x damage sneak attack on a double enchanted bow, and Bam! No more giant. Man there is some serious nerd coming out of me right now.....Better do something manly...

Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #92
weagle05
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Anyone else playing the way my brother plays? He spends most of the time invisible and uses a rage spell to make enemies fight each other.

I've focused on one handed melee and a shield, but the strategy is basically hit the attack button repeatedly until a health/stamina potion is needed.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #93
Burgs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by weagle05 View Post
Anyone else playing the way my brother plays? He spends most of the time invisible and uses a rage spell to make enemies fight each other.

I've focused on one handed melee and a shield, but the strategy is basically hit the attack button repeatedly until a health/stamina potion is needed.
On my first character I was just kind of figuring out the game and experimenting. The second character I did I focused more on two handed & heavy armor. If you're saying you're tired of melee - I'm kind of with you. Thinking of starting a pure mage type character, as I've not even touched the illusion skill tree at all.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #94
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2719 Times on 2104 Posts
Likes Given: 372

My next character will be a sneaky mage thief... still gonna keep the bow and arrow skills though. I wonder how many skills you could max through the course of the game.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #95
Burgs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
My next character will be a sneaky mage thief... still gonna keep the bow and arrow skills though. I wonder how many skills you could max through the course of the game.
I keep reading that 81 is the theoretical max for a character's overall level - so that would be 80 perks you could take. You can definitely level all skills to 100 though, just can't take all the perks.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #96
nefarious_1_
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
I keep reading that 81 is the theoretical max for a character's overall level - so that would be 80 perks you could take. You can definitely level all skills to 100 though, just can't take all the perks.
I have heard this as well. Supposedly level 50 is the "soft level cap" for a character's overall level: at this point it becomes very difficult to level until you eventually top out at 81.

I'm at level 40 and things have slowed down quite a bit. I'm starting to plan my perks very carefully...

Old 12-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #97
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I got it from SWMBO as a christmas present today.

I also found out her brother had taken a projector home from work and wasn't ever going to use it, so I hooked up the XBOX and was playing battlefield 3 and skyrim on a GIANT wall sized screen earlier. AWESOME.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #98
vinoterp
Recipes 

I am downloading it now for PC via Steam.. they had 33% off yesterday But I ordered a new video card because I know my current setup won't do it justice.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #99
BigfootCounty
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

good lord this game is incredible

Old 12-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #100
seabass07
Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Im in withdrawal. The new graphics card i got was defective and crashed after 10 minutes of playing. I cant play until thursday when i get the replacement card.

Fermenter 4: Beer