Hello from SW Minnesota

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin F

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been researching getting back into brewing and stumbled upon this site. Really found some nice pics and tips concerning the brew system. I did about 35 all grain mashes in Australia when I lived there. I sold all my equipment when I moved to the U.S.

If anyone from near Redwood Falls, Minnesota is homebrewing and has some water tips. Let me know. My city water report indicates that sulfate is off the chart high.

Cheers,
Martin F.

Several all grain brewers in Rochester MN dilute their tap water with distilled 50/50 to start with. Rochester has extremely hard water although sulfates aren't a problem.

Pro Mash has a good water profiler once you understand it. I use it on my mini mashes and get good results.

Barry

thanks, I am guessing I have two choices, dilution with distilled or start with distilled and add the necessary minerals for the style I am brewing.

Martin
:mug:

Back