Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What beer do you still buy?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #101
leadtrumpet
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 1 Posts

We do an interesting thing every Christmas. It started when my wife decided some 6 years ago to do a cookies exchange. It was only females and I had to make myself scarce. So the next year I said invite all the guys and we'll do a beer exchange in the man cave. Super success! Everyone brings something either they want to try or share something special. We all get to taste a lot of different brews since the party generally brings about 15 guys. At the end of the night we have quite a bit left that I 'try' to have them take some home bit I usually end up with a good variety-BONUS!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #102
helibrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 291 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Allagash, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, and a few others.

Primary:
Brite Tank/Lagering:
Kegged: Sour Saison, Pale Ale, Aggie Ale, Firestone DBA, De Koninck Blonde
Bottled: Belgian Quad (Grand Reserve), Derangement (Belgian Dark Strong)
On Deck: Pliny the Younger

Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #103
drainbamage
In ur base, drinkin' ur beers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1192 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 2075

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadtrumpet View Post
We do an interesting thing every Christmas. It started when my wife decided some 6 years ago to do a cookies exchange. It was only females and I had to make myself scarce. So the next year I said invite all the guys and we'll do a beer exchange in the man cave. Super success! Everyone brings something either they want to try or share something special. We all get to taste a lot of different brews since the party generally brings about 15 guys. At the end of the night we have quite a bit left that I 'try' to have them take some home bit I usually end up with a good variety-BONUS!!!
One of my work friends does something like this every year. Everyone is supposed to bring a random 6-pack of craft beer, and they put it all in the fridge so everyone can mix and match and try new things. I usually get to try a few new things, but it feels kinda lopsided when I'm bringing stuff like 3 Floyds or Bell's and the regular BMC drinkers are showing up with Blue Moon and Landshark. I think my friend really just does it to stock his fridge for a while.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #104
joey0214
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I always like to buy different stuff I've never had for research for what I'd like to try to brew plus the more I drink the more empty bottles I have therefore the more I can make

Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #105
MinnesnowtaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Fulton Sweet Child o' Vine
Bell's Two Hearted
Summit Saga
New Belgium Ranger

Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #106
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 509 Times on 274 Posts
Likes Given: 59

There are far too many beers for me to ever stop buying them.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #107
theveganbrewer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 295 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 265

I buy one or two bottles a week to try new stuff but I clone anything I really like and generally negervbuy it again. Now in harvest and winter mutual purchases go towards seasonal beers. Tomorrow ill pick up some Abyss by Deschutes.