Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > Group Buys > Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
bierhaus15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: , New York
Posts: 1,524
iTrader: (0)
Liked 89 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Got back from my trip a bit early, stopped in NH again and scored a 2010 bottle of Kate the Great and a few Allagash corked bottles for real cheap! Almost makes it worth it after 12 hours of driving.

I think I'll open the RIS tonight after dinner.


bierhaus15 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
rustbucket
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Syracuse, New York
Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (0)
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierhaus15 View Post
Got back from my trip a bit early, stopped in NH again and scored a 2010 bottle of Kate the Great and a few Allagash corked bottles for real cheap! Almost makes it worth it after 12 hours of driving.

I think I'll open the RIS tonight after dinner.
i have your stuff here at my place, set up a time with me for a pick up during the week sometime.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsPaul View Post
We make beer in buckets with toilet parts and coolers,
rustbucket is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
CidahMastah
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , New York
Posts: 4,266
iTrader: (2)
Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierhaus15 View Post
Got back from my trip a bit early, stopped in NH again and scored a 2010 bottle of Kate the Great and a few Allagash corked bottles for real cheap! Almost makes it worth it after 12 hours of driving.

I think I'll open the RIS tonight after dinner.
AWESOME! I just brewed Kate teh great - but I have never had it before so let me know how it turns out
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info
CidahMastah is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
Smashing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kent/Brockport NY
Posts: 1,094
iTrader: (0)
Liked 147 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah
Unrelated but... behold the start of the double demi chamber!!!
Looking good. I might have to build a ferm chamber soon. Needs to be in the garage though.
Smashing is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #15
jeffb418
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Clay/Syracuse, New York
Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Anyone in Syracuse want a beer-gas tank for stouts? Looking to order one myself online and shipping drops a few bucks with each tank added. These are 23 cu sized tanks (http://bvrgelements.com/images/23cuft_beer_mix.jpg) and are kind of an odd size - standard size is 20 cu (same size as a 5# co2 tank). So you most likely will have to have these filled instead of doing an exchange. Haun in Syracuse will do fills. The cert on the tank is recent and they say online that beer-gas tanks are good for 10 years unlike CO2 tanks which are 5 years.

Here is the break down per tank w/ shipping depending on how many ordered:
1 - $43.80
2 - $39.89
3 - $38.69
4 - $37.86

Anyone interested? Looking to place an order by tomorrow night. Email me at j bed na rek @ gmail.com
jeffb418 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
CidahMastah
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , New York
Posts: 4,266
iTrader: (2)
Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb418 View Post
Anyone in Syracuse want a beer-gas tank for stouts? Looking to order one myself online and shipping drops a few bucks with each tank added. These are 23 cu sized tanks (http://bvrgelements.com/images/23cuft_beer_mix.jpg) and are kind of an odd size - standard size is 20 cu (same size as a 5# co2 tank). So you most likely will have to have these filled instead of doing an exchange. Haun in Syracuse will do fills. The cert on the tank is recent and they say online that beer-gas tanks are good for 10 years unlike CO2 tanks which are 5 years.

Here is the break down per tank w/ shipping depending on how many ordered:
1 - $43.80
2 - $39.89
3 - $38.69
4 - $37.86

Anyone interested? Looking to place an order by tomorrow night. Email me at j bed na rek @ gmail.com
I am definitely interested - could you let me know what the shipping/cost would be for the next size up? I might want to grab the larger one. I am sure that one you listed will be more than enough, but I am lazy when it comes to refilling - hoping to do it less frequently!
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info
CidahMastah is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
CidahMastah
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , New York
Posts: 4,266
iTrader: (2)
Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
Looking good. I might have to build a ferm chamber soon. Needs to be in the garage though.
I should have built this in the refridge, but I am hoping to bring my brewing inside this winter , don't tell my wife!

Progress so far:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/doub...3/#post3482326


Thanks for the temp controller link twogunz!
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info
CidahMastah is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #18
CidahMastah
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , New York
Posts: 4,266
iTrader: (2)
Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Rust - THANKS!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5164.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	38372  
__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info
CidahMastah is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #19
jeffb418
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Clay/Syracuse, New York
Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidahMastah View Post
I am definitely interested - could you let me know what the shipping/cost would be for the next size up? I might want to grab the larger one. I am sure that one you listed will be more than enough, but I am lazy when it comes to refilling - hoping to do it less frequently!
The larger size tank they have is the 60cu, and price jumps to $130 for the tank and shipping is like $50. So the 23cu tank is the best deal.
jeffb418 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #20
CidahMastah
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , New York
Posts: 4,266
iTrader: (2)
Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb418 View Post
The larger size tank they have is the 60cu, and price jumps to $130 for the tank and shipping is like $50. So the 23cu tank is the best deal.
Put me down for one of the small ones. Thanks!


__________________
Man,... That's a lotta hooch!
Steel rig in progress
ebuild info
CidahMastah is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Syracuse, ny - round 5 group grain buy CidahMastah Group Buys 857 11-14-2011 12:05 AM
SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 4 Group Grain Buy CidahMastah Group Buys 346 10-06-2011 08:25 PM
SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 3 Group Grain Buy CidahMastah Group Buys 650 06-30-2011 12:53 PM
Syracuse, NY area - Group Grain Buy CidahMastah Group Buys 593 04-27-2011 02:40 PM
Syracuse, NY area - Group Extract/Grain Buy CidahMastah Group Buys 4 02-25-2011 04:43 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS